Compensation & Benefits Internship
Silverfin is a cloud first solution that enables accountants to streamline significant parts of their workload and spend more time on value adding activities.
Silverfin solves a very real problem: it automates a large chunk of the repetitive tasks that people working in financial services spend their time on and improve communication with their customers.
Recognised as an industry leader, we have picked up many accolades, including in 2021 winning Deloitte Belgium’s Technology Fast 50 award for most sustainable growth - an award given to the company with the best percentage growth over the last four years.
Our headquarters is in Gent Belgium, from where we have successfully launched activities in BeNeLux and the UK. From these offices, we’re serving a strongly growing client base, including the big 4, in 15 countries with 180+ colleagues.
Since November 2023 we are proudly part of Visma - the European leader in mission-critical cloud software, enjoying the power of the Visma brand and resources whilst retaining business autonomy and go-to-market freedom.
At Silverfin, we're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
What you will be doing during your internship
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented intern to join our people team and gain hands-on experience in the Compensation and Benefits field.
- Collaborate with our Comp & Ben Specialist to assist in the development and implementation of compensation and benefits programs
- Assist in the administration of employee compensation and benefits programs, including creating policies, data entry and analysis
- You support a smooth payroll process in Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the UK
- You perform in periodic audits of our HR systems, contracts and policies to make sure these are up to date at all times
- You are able to interpret local legislations, sectoral agreements and implement them accordingly
People and Culture
- Support the induction and onboarding of new staff
- Assist in arranging and championing social events for the team
- Support the maintenance of personnel records including highly confidential material
- Make the necessary arrangements for meetings organised by/on behalf of the CEO (e.g. audio/visual equipment, presentation materials)
- Order weekly groceries, including fruit, food and drinks
- Review and manage equipment inventory
- Order and manage the office stationary supply
- Assist in organising social events
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Graduating and highly interested in payroll
- Detail oriented
- Internship period of at least 12 weeks
- Drive and motivation to commit and achieve
- Positive and energetic personality
- Openness and hunger to learn and grow
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
- Drivers licence
What we offer
- As a fast-growing company, we’ve launched an internship programme to give the young professionals of tomorrow the opportunity to take their first steps into the business world.
- The opportunity to help build a fast-paced and internationally growing Fintech Company, proudly part of Visma - the European leader in mission-critical cloud software
- Regular team activities during and after work
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do.
- Sports during lunch breaks.
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks, fresh fruits and … drinks on Friday.
- Regular team activities.
We are always looking for dynamic individuals to join us so don’t hesitate to contact us and get the ball rolling!