Senior Product Owner (Accounting)
Silverfin is a cloud first solution that enables accountants to streamline significant parts of their workload and spend more time on value adding activities.
Silverfin solves a very real problem: it automates a large chunk of the repetitive tasks that people working in financial services spend their time on and improve communication with their customers.
Recognised as an industry leader, we have picked up many accolades, including in 2021 winning Deloitte Belgium’s Technology Fast 50 award for most sustainable growth - an award given to the company with the best percentage growth over the last four years.
Our headquarters is in Ghent Belgium, from where we have successfully launched activities in BeNeLux and the UK. From these offices, we’re serving a strongly growing client base, including the big 4, in 15 countries with 180+ colleagues.
Because of our growth we are looking for a Senior Product Owner who’s eager to change the Belgian accounting landscape.
A senior product owner is responsible for the execution and delivery of specific projects. The senior product owner applies their expert knowledge of the accounting problem space to write functional requirements, and translating the high level project definition to something that can be developed. They follow up on the delivery and verify and steer during the development to make sure the deliverable is solving the right problems.
- Delivering roadmap items as aligned with a (senior) product manager
- Working closely together with technology teams (product developers, engineering, etc.) to make sure requirements and dependencies are clear
- Ensuring high quality and timely releases by following the processes as defined and proposing changes where needed
- Communicating with all stakeholders (senior product manager, general manager, marketing, customer success,...), to make the delivery of the product transparent to the whole organisation, avoiding surprises
- Listening to customers, spotting opportunities to help them and develop new ideas
- Work in lots of iterations to improve on the product and validate solutions early
- Coordinating the release of the product and spreading knowledge on the new or updated functionality
- You’re a true Silverfin ambassador, if you feel something needs to be improved you communicate constructively
- You stay informed about changes in accounting and tax legislations
- You have a background in accountancy by education or experience and want to use your knowledge and skills to enhance our Silverfin platform
- You have a big interest in Tech
- As you are the link between different internal teams and stakeholders, you need to be a good communicator and be able to work with different kinds of people
- An analytical mindset and a great customer focus
- Knowledge of our Silverfin platform is a plus, a driven mindset to get to know every detail of our software is a must
- You can communicate clearly in English and French, both in writing and verbally. Dutch is a plus.
So What’s In It For You?
- The opportunity to help build a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
- Competitive salary with nice additional benefits and Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous personal training allowance
- Regular team activities during and after work
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks fresh fruits and … drinks on Thursday
- Monthly Company-wide Wellbeing Days off (once a month in 2023, except in July and August)
- Cool office spaces in Ghent, London (Old Street / Shoreditch) and Amsterdam