Senior UX Designer
Amsterdam, North Holland /
Product – UX/UI /
Do you want to join us on the journey of disrupting the spend management business? Do you like to work in a fast-paced environment with a passionate and supportive team? Yokoy is growing!
We just closed our $80M Series B funding and are thriving in this fast-paced hypergrowth phase. We are now looking for a new colleague to become our Senior UX Designer! 🚀
As a Senior UX Designer you are involved in every area of the product design process from ideation through iteration to implementation. You are responsible for translating user insights and business requirements into conceptual ideas, wireframes and mockups.
What you'll do:
- Research, plan and create the user experience of the Yokoy app aligned with the business goals
- Deliver the entire design flow, starting from wireframes and quick concepts to high-fidelity designs which can be handed over to the engineering team
- Team-up with designers and researchers, collaborate with product managers, marketers and engineers
- Contribute to the design system, striving for consistency of components and interaction principles
- Give and appropriately receive design feedback
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Help the UX Team grow in its organization, tools, and processes
- Actively evangelize the value of design and design thinking through your interactions with others
- Keep up and keep us updated on competitor products and industry trends.
What you'll need:
- Solid relevant design experience, preferably at a product-driven B2B fintech company
- Proven track record solving complex UX challenges and delivering effective and delightful experiences
- Bias for action - you need to get stuff done. You strive for perfection but are able to make informed trade-offs
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment. You'll have guidance when you need it, but you also can execute without close supervision
- Excellent communicator - listen and understand users' problems. Be able to convey the proposed solutions
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Proficiency using tools such as Figma / Sketch / other
- Nice to have: experience with prototyping (eg. Axure)
- Speaking English is required and German is a plus
What you'll get:
- We love to see people thrive! You'll have the resources to own and be able to shape things from day one
- Work closely with the founders and the leadership team
- We’re fast - quickly measure and learn the impact of your work
- Grow - we’re growing fast, and you’re the expert. Help us shape our growth!
- Flexibility - everyone has their own highly productive times - you have found your sweet spot? Perfect, we look at the output and not at what time it was produced
- Remote - we enjoy in-person sessions, but we have also learned (thank you Covid) how to be efficient with remote working
- Competitive scale-up package
We are keen to get to know you. Apply with your CV and/or LinkedIn profile and a few words on why you would like to join Yokoy. We look forward to your application!
What’s going to happen next: we aim to get back to you regarding your application within the next 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take around 4 weeks to complete. If you need more flexibility or are on a tighter schedule, don’t be afraid to let us know.
If after reading our job ad you figure that this isn’t the right fit for you, feel free to share it with a friend or colleague who might be interested.
This important to us: Yokoy is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We welcome people from all backgrounds who are looking to make the future simple with us. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Yokoy is an award-winning Swiss FinTech company that leverages Artificial Intelligence to fully automate spend management for mid and large sized enterprises. We are the partner of choice when it comes to the automation of expense, company card and supplier invoice processes. Our intelligent software tool helps our global customers save time and money, prevent fraud, increase employee satisfaction and get valuable data insights to control their spend. With over 140 employees and offices in Zurich, Munich, Vienna and Amsterdam we are a fast growing company with a vision to become the global leader in Spend Management.