Customer Backend Engineer
Amsterdam, North Holland /
Technology – Customer Engineering /
Do you want to join us on the journey of disrupting the spend management business? Do you like to work in a fast-paced environment with a passionate and supportive team? Yokoy is hiring!
After closing our $80M Series B funding last year and going through a hyper growth phase, we are now striving to lead the tech-focused transformation in our field and become the number 1 all-in-one spend management suite for midsize and enterprise companies. Join us as our new Customer Backend Engineer in Amsterdam and help us achieve our goals! 🚀
As a Customer Backend Engineer, you will work on the integration of new clients and third party systems (i.e. ERP systems, travel providers, credit card feeds, etc) into Yokoy. In addition, you will contribute to the tool set that enables implementation managers to independently configure and onboard new clients. Yokoy is based on the newest technology available on the market, which makes your work extremely exciting. This engineer role is key for us as Yokoy is growing fast on a global scale, which requires a continuous extension of our integrations offering and a successful scaling of the client onboarding process.
🧑🏽💻 What you'll do:
- You will work on new integrations within the international customer engineering team and in close collaboration with the implementation managers
- You write clean and testable code and perform reviews for colleagues
- You support the advancement of the technology and the process landscape within customer engineering to prepare for successful scaling
⚒️ What you'll need:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree (University/University of Applied Sciences) in an engineering discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Math or Physics)
- You are ideally familiar with RESTful APIs
- Experience with relevant third party systems (i.e. ERP systems, travel providers, HR systems) is a plus
- Prior experience in a similar business context (finance & accounting) is a plus
- You enjoy interacting with people with a non-technical background (i.e. implementation managers) for the refinement of requirements or feasibility assessments
- You enjoy working independently
- You speak English fluently, other languages are a plus
🚀 What you'll get:
- We love to see people thrive! You'll have the resources to own and be able to shape things from day one
- Work closely with the founders and the leadership team
- We’re fast - quickly measure and learn the impact of your work
- Grow - we’re growing fast, and you’re the expert. Help us shape our growth!
- Flexibility - everyone has their own highly productive times - you have found your sweet spot? Perfect, we look at the output and not at what time it was produced
- Remote - we enjoy in-person sessions, but we have also learned (thank you Covid) how to be efficient with remote working
- Competitive scale-up package
- Flexible holiday swap days and 4 weeks paid paternity leave
We are keen to get to know you. Apply with your CV and/or LinkedIn profile and a few words on why you would like to join Yokoy. We look forward to your application!
👉🏽 What’s going to happen next: we aim to get back to you regarding your application within the next 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take around 4 weeks to complete. If you need more flexibility or are on a tighter schedule, don’t be afraid to let us know.
If after reading our job ad you figure that this isn’t the right fit for you, feel free to share it with a friend or colleague who might be interested.
This important to us: Yokoy is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We welcome people from all backgrounds who are looking to make the future simple with us. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Yokoy automates spend management for medium and large enterprises with artificial intelligence, combining expense management, supplier invoice management and smart corporate cards into one single intuitive platform.
🏢 Founded in Switzerland in 2019 by experienced business professionals and scientists, Yokoy is the leading, all-in-one fintech platform that provides an AI-based full spend management suite for midsize and enterprise companies. By combining automation, API integrations and machine learning developed in Yokoy’s own cutting-edge research lab, the company offers expense management, supplier invoice management and smart corporate credit cards in a single intuitive tool. All underpinned by the most up-to-date security and stability. Yokoy’s mission is to finally rid the corporate spending world of the legacy processes that have plagued it for decades and is backed by leading investors including New York-based Left Lane Capital and London-based Balderton Capital.