Senior Cloud Backend Engineer
Amsterdam / Zurich / Vienna / Munich / London / Lisbon / Barcelona / Dublin / Madrid
Technology – Research and Development /
Do you want to join us on the journey of disrupting the spend management business? Do you like to work in a fast-paced scale-up with a passionate and supportive team? Yokoy is hiring!
After closing our $80M Series B funding in 2022 and going through a hyper growth phase, we are now striving to lead the tech-focused transformation in our field and become the number 1 all-in-one spend management suite for midsize and enterprise companies. Join us as our new Senior Cloud Backend Engineer and help us achieve our goals! 🚀
As a Senior Cloud Backend Engineer, you will work on maintaining and further developing the Yokoy software (SaaS) by building and testing new features, advancing the technology for scalability, and ensuring reliability. Yokoy is based on the newest technology available on the market, which makes your work extremely exciting. The Engineer role is a crucial position for us, as Yokoy is growing fast on a global scale, which requires a product that can keep up with the speed without compromising on quality.
🧑🏽💻 What you'll do:
- You will be working on new features within the Invoice product team, where you help to refine, plan, develop and review new product features
- You write clean and testable code
- You collaborate with frontend developers to integrate frontend components with the backend infrastructure.
- You work together with our quality team to build unit and integration tests
- You work closely with DevOps engineers to ensure smooth deployment, monitoring, and scaling of backend systems
- You collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and provide technical guidance.
- You’ll support the advancement of the technology to prepare for a global scale
⚒️ What you'll need:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree (University/University of Applied Sciences) in an engineering discipline (Computer Science, Math or Physics)
- You have at least 5 years of professional programming experience
- You have a profound knowledge of and relevant practical experience with Node.js and TypeScript as a programming language
- You have proven experience with cloud software architecture (e.g. GCP, Azure, or AWS)
- You have knowledge of cloud-based databases (e.g., AWS RDS, DynamoDB, MongoDB) and data storage solutions
- You are proficient in developing RESTful APIs and microservices architectures
- You have a solid understanding of software development methodologies and best practices
- You have excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- You bring problem-solving and analytical skills
- You speak English fluently; other languages are a plus
🚀 What you'll get:
- Resources and trust: you own your work and can shape things from day one
- Flat hierarchies: opportunity to work closely with the founders and the leadership team
- Fast-paced environment: quickly measure and learn about the impact of your work
- Flexibility: everyone has their own highly productive times - we look at the output and not at what time it was produced
- Hybrid setup: we enjoy in-person sessions, but we have also learned (thank you Covid) how to be efficient with remote working
- Competitive scale-up package with the possibility to partake in the upside
- Work anywhere: we offer up to 6 weeks remote work within the EU
We are keen to get to know you. Apply with your CV and/or LinkedIn profile and a few words on why you would like to join Yokoy. We look forward to your application!
👉🏽 What’s going to happen next: we aim to get back to you regarding your application within 8 business days. Our interview process tends to take around 4 weeks to complete. If you need more flexibility or are on a tighter schedule, don’t be afraid to let us know.
If after reading our job ad you figure that this isn’t the right fit for you, feel free to share it with a friend or colleague who might be interested.
This is important to us: Yokoy is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We welcome people from all backgrounds who are looking to make the future simple with us. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Yokoy is an intelligent spend management platform, trusted by modern finance teams to streamline invoices, expenses, and payments. Powered by AI and machine learning, Yokoy automates up to 95% of manual processes.
🏢 Established in 2019 in Zurich, Switzerland, Yokoy is trusted by leaders at over 600 of the world’s most forward-thinking companies to help them transform how they spend, by transforming how their people spend their time. Designed to sit at the heart of the modern finance tech stack, Yokoy connects with the leading ERP systems, invoicing platforms, travel booking tools, and other enterprise finance tools to power end-to-end automation and provide complete visibility across the enterprise. Yokoy is backed by leading investors including California-based Sequoia Capital, New York-based Left Lane Capital and London-based Balderton Capital.