Working Student, Prototyping and Product (f/m/d)
R&D – R&D /
The Lovehoney Group is one of the world's leading companies in the sex toy market. We’re proud to promote sexual happiness and empowerment through design innovation, research development and great customer service. After an exciting 2021 merger bringing together Lovehoney, Amorana and WOW Tech, we’re stronger than ever in our mission to destigmatize sexuality and help more people to enjoy a fulfilling love life. Our award-winning, globally recognized brands include Fifty Shades of Grey, Happy Rabbit, Womanizer and We-Vibe. With over 700 employees spread over our HQs in Bath and Berlin and offices all over the world, the Lovehoney Group is a market leader in the pleasure industry.
We are looking for a working student in the middle of their bachelors or masters (preferred) degree studies in Mechanical, Product Design, or Industrial Design Engineering. This role calls for a young, creative, and self-driven student who is looking to gain hands-on technical experience in the consumer device and/or medical device fields. This role will involve working alongside the research and product design group at LoveHoneyGroup to develop future prototypes, test fixtures, and quality control products for our We-Vibe, Womanizer, and Arcwave brands. We offer flexible hours, with the ability to schedule around coursework, exams, and school breaks. Ideally you can understand and communicate requirements and capabilities in young, dynamic, cross functional teams, including designers, mechanical, and electrical engineers.
Why WOW Tech?
- You will work for a global leader in the pleasure space.
- You will become part of a highly skilled team of international specialists and interesting people.
- You will be offered a range of personal development opportunities.
- You will profit from a creative, knowledge-sharing, and stimulating environment.
- You will enjoy our light, spacious office in the heart of Berlin with all the latest mod-cons and refreshments on hand to make working with us comfortable and fun.
- Work with research and product development engineering teams to:
- Produce prototypes according to technical drawings, circuit diagrams, and computer aided design (CAD) information.
- Make minor designs and iterations using Computer Aided Design tools (Solidworks preferred).
- Produce prototype parts using additive technologies (FDM, SLA, and PolyJet 3D Printing).
- Prototype complex plastic and silicone assemblies.
- Design and manufacture molds to produce silicone forms and designs.
- Design and manufacture test fixtures to verify product lifecycle or similar functional properties.
- Currently you are in the midst of your studies for Mechanical Engineering, Product Design Engineering, or Industrial Design Engineering.
- You enjoy technical challenges and are willing to develop new skills.
- Working understanding of Computer Aided Design Tools (Solidworks Preferred).
- Working understanding of Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing technologies.
- You are able to demonstrate a portfolio of projects that illustrate your technical skill set and contributions.
- You work independently and are results focused – you focus on the “why” of a task, not the “what”.
- You enjoy working in dynamic multidisciplinary teams.
Please visit our WOW Tech career page for applying: https://wowtech.com/career