Cloud Solutions Architect
MDH – CCE /
Founded in 2019, Volkswagen Digital Solutions (VWDS) plays a major role in the Volkswagen Group strategy of going digital, by developing software mainly for the digital ecosystems and internal corporate processes.
Split across 3 tech units: CODE (Core Operations + Development), MAN Digital Hub and SDC (Software Development Center), VWDS plays a key part of the digitalization strategy that is happening in the Group.
Our Mindset | Open for new ways, transparent in what we do and responsive to requests!
Our Target | Creating value, being customer focused and delivering continuously!
What you will be doing:
• Work closely with the development team (mainly DevOps engineers) and bridge the gap to the MAN Senior Management and stakeholders;
• Lead, together with peers, the Product Management and Service Management of both Platform and Business Service - AWS Platform and CICD Platform (Gitlab, SonarQube);
• Drive the standards and guidelines for these platforms;
• Evangelize and consult internally project and product teams;
• Take care about the big picture of how the Platforms are integrated with the overall MAN Truck & Bus landscape;
• Take care of the overall platform security and set guardrails to help cloud initiatives to align with MAN IT Security Standards and implement/manage a pro-active alert management;
• Ensure a smooth and continuous development experience for the dev team (prevent obstacles); you balance and funnel the distraction from the operational needs of the Platforms;
• Work closely with AWS Service Team (TAM, SA, AM) for MAN Truck & Bus to address and track common needs, feature requests;
• As a team player, you align and work together on new challenges with your peers and the dev team;
• Align with the Engineering Manager and Agile Enabler to increase the overall team maturity.
What you will bring:
• Product Management Skills such as backlog organization, requirements management;
• Experience with cloud services (especially AWS) and with cloud paradigms and serverless architecture (IaaS, PaaS, microservice architectures, continuous delivery);
• Strong communication skills around consulting and managing requirements;
• Understanding Service Management Processes (ITIL);
• Knowledge with Infrastructure-as-a-Code concepts like AWS CloudFormation and AWS CDK;
• Experience in using CI/CD tools like GitLab CI and SonarQube is beneficial;
• High quality awareness, fun at solving challenging problems and ability for the understanding of complex relationships;
• You like working in interdisciplinary teams with agile methods;
• Fluent English.
Benefits & Perks
This is a true opportunity to join an amazing atmosphere on our local company culture build up, with the support of a solid international group, and to be part of an Agile environment where you can learn, share, and interact in a place where your ideas are valued and you have a voice.
• Flexible working hours;
• Remote friendly model adapted to each team’s needs and preferences;
• Continuous learning with access to Udemy;
• Wellbeing program extendable to your household;
• Health insurance extendable to your household;
• Life insurance;
• Opportunity to join the company’s pension fund;
• Home Office Setup to build your dream home office;
• Home allowance, to receive in your payslip or use in our flexible benefits platform (e.g. gym partnership, internet/data expenses, tech equipment);
• Smartphone + Telecom with voice & data plan;
• Discounts on VW Group cars and special conditions on financing;
• Relocation package (if applicable) & Visa process sponsorship;
• Portuguese/English language classes.
Unsure if you meet all these requirements? Please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you!