Site Reliability Engineer
MDH – Service Care /
Founded in 2019, Volkswagen Digital Solutions (VWDS) plays a major role in the Volkswagen Group strategy of going digital, by developing software mainly for the digital ecosystems and internal corporate processes.
Split across 3 tech units: CODE (Core Operations + Development), MAN Digital Hub and SDC (Software Development Center), VWDS plays a key part of the digitalization strategy that is happening in the Group.
Our Mindset | Open for new ways, transparent in what we do and responsive to requests!
Our Target | Creating value, being customer focused and delivering continuously!
What you will be doing:
• Help in building and running scalable, reliable, durable and secure Digital Products for MAN Truck & Bus clients and employees, using a customer-first approach while innovating technically;
• Provide technical knowledge for the product teams and work closely with them to increase the technical maturity of the product;
• Provide guidance to the product teams on managing availability and performance of mission critical services, on building automation to prevent problem recurrence and building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions;
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health;
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity;
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
What you will bring:
• Academic background in Computer Science or other similar areas;
• At least 5 years of experience working as a SRE Engineer or other similar role;
• Experience working with AWS products, Infrastructure as Code tools and monitoring tools such as Datadog;
• Strong communication skills in both tech and business contexts;
• Very good English skills, both written and spoken.
Benefits & Perks
This is a true opportunity to join an amazing atmosphere on our local company culture build up, with the support of a solid international group, and to be part of an Agile environment where you can learn, share, and interact in a place where your ideas are valued and you have a voice.
• Flexible working hours;
• Remote friendly model adapted to each team’s needs and preferences;
• Continuous learning with access to Udemy;
• Wellbeing program extendable to your household;
• Health insurance extendable to your household;
• Life insurance;
• Opportunity to join the company’s pension fund;
• Home Office Setup to build your dream home office;
• Home allowance, to receive in your payslip or use in our flexible benefits platform (e.g. gym partnership, internet/data expenses, tech equipment);
• Smartphone + Telecom with voice & data plan;
• Discounts on VW Group cars and special conditions on financing;
• Relocation package (if applicable) & Visa process sponsorship;
• Portuguese/English language classes.
Unsure if you meet all these requirements? Please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you!