Communications & Public Relations Manager
At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Google, LinkedIn, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About the role
In the Marketing Department, we are looking for a Communications Manager to help us bring our messaging to the world. Your mission will be to help craft and execute our public relations and communications strategy and to build a favorable public image in the market. You will be our primary contact to both press and agencies and responsible for growing an ever growing footprint with international media in our key markets.
What you'll do
- Create and maintain a favorable public image in the market, with ecosystem and community, contribute to the brand awareness
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective public relations and communications strategy based on our objectives & target audience
- Write, edit and distribute content, including publications, press releases and blog posts which position VoiceMod’s activities and services with B2B & B2C audiences
- Providing strategic media relations and counsel. Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists in order to build Voicemod’s media database
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews and act as spokesperson of the brand towards international media
- Identify and pursue opportunities and story angles to drive forward the recognition and perception of our brand in the media and among our audience
- Manage agency partners to drive communications strategy across different priority markets
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Manage conflict and crisis situations and work towards resolution together with management
- Working with other marketing disciplines to develop 360 integrated campaigns and thinking for clients
- Running integrated campaigns across local and multiple markets, ensuring delivery against campaign objectives and metrics; and consistent quality of work
What you'll need
- University Degree in Media / Journalism, Digital Marketing, or Communications
- 3+ years experience in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
- Proven track record of having made an impact in one the mentioned areas
- Ideally experience in Gaming, Creator Economy and/or Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Having experience to deal with crisis situations around community toxicity, ethics or similar
- You’ll also have experience in developing plans which take complex technology and translates it into meaningful benefits for business and potentially consumers
- You will have very strong technology media relations and contacts, having proof of how your feature ideas have translated into media and digital coverage
- Your strong creative thinking is needed
- Ability to take ownership and autonomously drive strategic initiatives (“Proactive Doer”)
- You will be a supreme writer
- Demonstrate proficiency & excellence in writing skills to craft internal and external correspondence, communications plans, press materials, new business proposals, etc
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Understanding of the video game and tech industries, ideally with an established network of journalistic contacts
- “Hungry Learner”
- Fluent or native in English, both written and spoken
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Summer days: Enjoy your summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days (+ Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off) and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which usually happens in March
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package
- COVID-19 stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
🚀 Putting people first
🎧 Staying in tune
🎯 Taking play seriously
🎵 Following your rhythm
🥇 Mastering our sound
Check out these videos: