Communications & Public Relations Manager
Having been in the audio tech game for over 10 years, Voicemod has become the leading brand in real-time voice and audio modulation. We are on a mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound. We do this by building expressive and immersive audio tools that make it easy for anyone to create a unique sonic identity or interact with others via sound in a personal way. We create sounds that take people anywhere and enable them to become anyone — or anything.
Voicemod has become the go-to companion for gamers looking to take the online gaming experience to another level, and for content creators who want to enhance their personalities and captivate their audiences. It's also great for conferencing and voice communication, allowing you to react and express yourself in a way that makes every conversation more immersive. Today, more than 3 million people in over 65 countries use Voicemod to amplify themselves!
Working at Voicemod means
🚀 Putting people first
🎧 Staying in tune
🎯 Taking play seriously
🎵 Following your rhythm
🥇 Mastering our sound
We're a diverse, multidisciplinary team comprised of over 100 people — and while headquartered in Valencia, Spain, we have a fully-remote team working from all corners of the globe. We share a common passion for putting people first, a desire to listen closely to the world around us, and a knack for finding enjoyment in everything we do. We embrace people from all backgrounds who share these values, seek the opportunity to help, and have a drive to build the best company and a quality product that lets us “amplify ourselves”.
Does this sound like you?
About The Role
In the Marketing Department, we are looking for a Communications Manager to help us bring our messaging to the world. Your mission will be to help craft and execute our public relations and communications strategy and to build a favorable public image in the market. You will be our primary contact to both press and agencies and responsible for growing an ever growing footprint with international media in our key markets.
What you'll do
- Create and maintain a favorable public image in the market, with ecosystem and community, contribute to the brand awareness
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective public relations and communications strategy based on our objectives & target audience
- Write, edit and distribute content, including publications, press releases and blog posts which position VoiceMod’s activities and services with B2B & B2C audiences
- Providing strategic media relations and counsel. Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists in order to build Voicemod’s media database
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews and act as spokesperson of the brand towards international media
- Identify and pursue opportunities and story angles to drive forward the recognition and perception of our brand in the media and among our audience
- Manage agency partners to drive communications strategy across different priority markets
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Manage conflict and crisis situations and work towards resolution together with management
- Working with other marketing disciplines to develop 360 integrated campaigns and thinking for clients
- Running integrated campaigns across local and multiple markets, ensuring delivery against campaign objectives and metrics; and consistent quality of work
What you'll need
- University Degree in Media / Journalism, Digital Marketing, or Communications
- 3+ years experience in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
- Proven track record of having made an impact in one the mentioned areasIdeally experience in Gaming, Creator Economy and/or Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Having experience to deal with crisis situations around community toxicity, ethics or similar
- You’ll also have experience in developing plans which take complex technology and translates it into meaningful benefits for business and potentially consumers
- You will have very strong technology media relations and contacts, having proof of how your feature ideas have translated into media and digital coverage
- Your strong creative thinking is needed
- Ability to take ownership and autonomously drive strategic initiatives (“Proactive Doer”)
- You will be a supreme writer
- Demonstrate proficiency & excellence in writing skills to craft internal and external correspondence, communications plans, press materials, new business proposals, etc
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Understanding of the video game and tech industries, ideally with an established network of journalistic contacts
- “Hungry Learner”
- Fluent or native in English, both written and spoken
If you join, you'll enjoy
- Flexible working hours so that you can adapt your job to your lifestyle. You do you!
- Remote working opportunities. You decide whether to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Enjoy your Summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- 23 paid vacation days (plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off) and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which typically happens in March
- Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for those residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package
- COVID-19 stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Lifetime PRO-user access to all Voicemod products
- Sponsored English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!