Valencia (Full Remote) /
Business Development /
At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About The Role
The Developer Relations role (Evangelist & Advocate) is an interdisciplinary role that sits in a border space between product, engineering, and marketing.
Your role is to create a vibrant ecosystem of 3rd party developers by being the voice to those developers, the interface between them and Voicemod’s product, engineering, and design teams.
You will inspire and equip 3rd party developers to build the next generation of social audio experiences within their applications. This means understanding what they are trying to do, pointing them to tools, documentation, training and generally helping them to be successful.
You’re not just advocating for the platform, but as advocating for developers using the platform. With this mindset, developer relations plays an active role in feeding back real-world bugs, feature requests and building supporting tools to improve the developer experience.
What You'll Do
- Writing documentation, incl. reference and guides (How to)
- Support in library development
- Help to quick start apps
- Write blog posts like tutorials, hacks, as well as thought leadership
- Prepare webinars and give talks at meetups, conferences, etc.
- Support developers across different platforms like developer support systems (e.g. Zendesk), on StackOverflow and other forums
- Attend pre-sales technical discussions
- Manage dedicated forums and communities 8e.g. on Discord)
- Capture developer feedback
- Work cross-functionally with internal product, store, engineering, policy, legal, marketing, and PR teams to launch non-game applications for businesses and consumers
- Champion the needs of 3rd party developers in the development of social audio experience products and services
- Translate developer needs to internal product teams, and be an advocate for Voicemod Kit platform initiatives with our partners
- Serve as an escalation point of contact for your team interfacing between our engineering team and 3rd party developers
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with practical software engineering experience
- Several years of experience as a software engineer, developer, or equivalent technical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with public speaking, and teaching and working with developers.
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership of problem-solving and works proactively to improve processes
- Project management experience, with experience in managing milestones, schedules and tracked tasks
- Experience building partnerships across multiple internal cross functional groups and external developers
- Passionate about doing the right thing, not afraid to say NO, takes calculated risks to create maximum impact
- (Bonus) Experience in business development, partnerships and/or publishing experience within the mobile apps, games, media, entertainment, technology/platform, early-stage internet/consumer technology companies
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Vociemod and influence everything we do.
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Summer days: Enjoy your summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days (+ Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off) and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which usually happens in March
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package
- COVID-19 stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
👥 Putting people first
💪 Being brave
🗽 Showing ownership & accountability
🤝 Being honest & transparent
🎨 Being creative and having fun
🌟 Mastering our craft
Check out these videos: