Having been in the audio tech game for over 10 years, Voicemod has become the leading brand in real-time voice and audio modulation. We are on a mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound. We do this by building expressive and immersive audio tools that make it easy for anyone to create a unique sonic identity or interact with others via sound in a personal way. We create sounds that take people anywhere and enable them to become anyone — or anything.
Voicemod has become the go-to companion for gamers looking to take the online gaming experience to another level, and for content creators who want to enhance their personalities and captivate their audiences. It's also great for conferencing and voice communication, allowing you to react and express yourself in a way that makes every conversation more immersive. Today, more than 3 million people in over 65 countries use Voicemod to amplify themselves!
Working at Voicemod means
🚀 Putting people first
🎧 Staying in tune
🎯 Taking play seriously
🎵 Following your rhythm
🥇 Mastering our sound
We're a diverse, multidisciplinary team comprised of over 100 people — and while headquartered in Valencia, Spain, we have a fully-remote team working from all corners of the globe. We share a common passion for putting people first, a desire to listen closely to the world around us, and a knack for finding enjoyment in everything we do. We embrace people from all backgrounds who share these values, seek the opportunity to help, and have a drive to build the best company and a quality product that lets us “amplify ourselves”.
Does this sound like you?
About the role
In the Engineering department, we are looking for a Software Quality Engineerwhose mission will be to take over the whole QA cycle, setting and incorporating it into our Agile Product Development processes, moving forward with automation, and becoming a leader that maintains the quality and consistency of our apps testing them not only internally but also with our global user community.
What you'll do
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback and design the functional tests.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design and develop functional tests and integrate them into CI.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Excel at triaging severity.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet product requirements.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify automation system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts make them available to the company through dashboards and reports.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies and a wider range of devices and platforms (Mobile, Web and Desktop).
- Create, manage and become the master of a Zero Bug Policy
- Provide QA training and guidance to our developers in order to improve our tech team skills.
- Liaise with the Support team to understand, capture and triage problems reported by the Community and facilitate issue resolution to the developers.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Product team about relevant user feedback and insights.
- Know your audience and understand the product to consider every aspect that has to be tested (functionality, UI, UX, performance, security, etc...)
What you'll need
- Professional English level
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer or similar QA roles
- Ability to code automated - mainly functional - tests
- Proficient in different testing tools as Selenium and Appium (mainly) but ideally MonkeyTalk, SeeTest, UI Automator, Espresso, TestCafe, Squish, Cypress or similar.
- Proficient in Python or similar programming languages.
- Proven experience with Jenkins, GitLab or similar CI systems.
- Proficient with Git, Unix/Linux commands.
- Familiarity with product development lifecycles, CI/CD and highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product development cycles.
- Ability to understand functional and technical specifications and analyze data and output logs.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Knowledge of a wide range of software testing methods like smoke, functional, regression, system, integration, and exploratory tests
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions to the people you work with, to the projects you work on.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills: The art of telling a negative, such that another person treats it as positive is the key.
- A true passion for Voicemod mission, our products, and the company's technology and content nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
If you join, you'll enjoy...
- Flexible working hours so that you can adapt your job to your lifestyle. You do you!
- Remote working opportunities. You decide whether to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Enjoy your Summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- 23 paid vacation days (plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off) and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which typically happens in March
- Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for those residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package
- COVID-19 stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Lifetime PRO-user access to all Voicemod products
- Sponsored English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!