Senior Frontend Engineer
At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About the role
In the Engineering department, we are looking for a Frontend Engineer whose mission will be to generate the HTML/CSS/JS resources for our website and or app.
What you'll do
- Build and develop our desktop web application by creating new features
- Evolve our application within a modular architecture using latest technologies
- Join and participate in the end-to-end creation process: since ideation to development of new features
- Work on complex and greenfield web app projects
- Implement integrations with third parties from the gamming world such as Twitch.tv or Overwolf
- Consume APIs and communicate with different backend interfaces
- Cover your features and its functionalities with testing
What you'll need
- Excellent knowledge of JS frameworks and libraries such as Vue.js (preferred), React, Angular or Svelte
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Extensive experience working with APIs and understanding of HTTP and REST architectures
- Positive attitude towards testing using Jest, Cypress or other testing libraries
- Passion about clean code, user design patterns, TDD, BDD, and SOLID principles
- Knowledge of module builder tools such as Webpack
- Experience using version control tools, git-flow, etc.
- Willingness to participate and contribute towards decision making in product meetings
- Good eye to building accessible front-end applications
- (Bonus) Knowledge or hands on experience working with Docker
- (Bonus) Previous experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- (Bonus) Knowledge of Backend languages and frameworks (e.g. Node.js, .NET)
- (Bonus) knowledge or experience with Typescript
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Holidays: 26 vacation days (23 + 24th & 31st of December and your birthday off!).
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package plus performance bonus (up to 15%)
- Remote stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
👥 Putting people first
💪 Being brave
🗽 Showing ownership & accountability
🤝 Being honest & transparent
🎨 Being creative and having fun
🌟 Mastering our craft
Check out these videos: