Senior Product Manager (Audio Tech)
At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About the role
The Senior Product Manager - Audio Tech is responsible for pushing forward a variety of cutting edge audio technology products that will evolve from an ideation to ready to market integration. The diversity of products goes from Machine Learning to Digital Sound Processing, prevalent Operative Systems integration with specific attention to mobile platforms and hardware integration, keeping in mind they will land on b2c but also b2b scenarios.
As Product Manager and Lead of the Audio Tech team, you will be in charge of leading the entire Product Development Cycle, from the definition phase to the collection of partner requirements and user feedback, continuing with future iterations and going through the phases of product strategy, research, validation, prioritization and development, among others. In addition, you will become the leader of the team, ensuring that all those within the cross-functional squad work on the right things, at a good pace, being happy, proactive and productive. You will be the glue that unites all the pieces of a multidisciplinary team.
What you'll do
- Define the scope of the audio products, third party integrations and Voicemod apps
- Assign priorities to the different projects that stand on the pipeline
- Connect the different Audio Tech units under one vision
- Enhance and guard the KPIs of the mod: Latency, CPU performance, Audio quality
- Connect with the Audio Tech Team Leads to turn state of the art technology into product features
- Connect with Audio Content mod to build the best synergy in order to produce the most challenging content for VM
- Work side to side with the Audio Experience Director to overcome together the task of bringing the audio-based products to the next level
- Connect with other PMs from other areas in the company
What you'll need
- You understand the need for speed, where existing technology wins over new research
- Good prioritization is the way to succeed, and you master it
- You have the ability to analyse the state of the art to turn technology into audio magic tricks
- You are able to define a cutting edge tech product from a user perspective and you are able to define the specifications, with the help of the tech lead, to build it
- You are proactive to propose what you think are good ideas but safe to stop when putting so much at stake
- You are positive and brave to build new things that can fail but you help others to overcome failure when it happens
- You have proven experience dealing with big teams, Audio Tech team is made of 15 diverse members with some of the top notch senior developers and researchers from the company
- You have the social skills needed to deal with other stakeholders in the company and achieve from them what the project needs
- (Bonus) Being a musician is something we appreciate a lot, what instrument do you play?
- (Bonus) Having been exposed to Public Funding projects such as the Europe 2020 programme can help you to engage with the actual research lines
- (Bonus) Machine Learning background can be useful to follow a strategic typology of projects
- (Bonus) Being a gamer: videogame, tabletop or RPG will help you look forward to some specific technology our users love.
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Summer days: Enjoy your summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days (+ Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off) and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which usually happens in March
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package
- COVID-19 stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
👥 Putting people first
💪 Being brave
🗽 Showing ownership & accountability
🤝 Being honest & transparent
🎨 Being creative and having fun
🌟 Mastering our craft
Check out these videos: