Senior Full Stack Engineer
At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About the role
In the Engineering department, we are looking for a Full Stack Engineer capable of developing both server-side and frontend logics.
If you care about clean code and SOLID principles and you enjoy solving scalability problems within an open and collaborative team, then this is your role. From server to user side, you will be developing new product functionalities that millions of users will be having fun with.
What you'll do
- Create the server side logic behind the product features
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement security and data protection
- Design and implement data storage solutions
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Optimize the load of resources and the fluidity of the application so that users have the best experience
- Create and maintain websites and web application user interfaces
- Create Integration and Unit Tests
- Consistently implement new technologies, trends, and best practices
- Constantly communicate and collaborate with product team to create the best user experience
What you'll need
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
- Working experience in creations and consumption of REST API services
- Ability to write clean, readable and reusable code
- Ability to debug errors
- Knowledge in software architecture patterns (MVC, MVVM ...)
- Knowledge in the use of GIT version control software
- Knowledge in Docker containers
- Knowledge in DDD and Clean Architecture is optional but desirable
- Working experience creating and optimizing SQL and NoSQL databases
- An awareness of security concerns is important
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the projects you work on
- A true passion for Voicemod mission, our products, and the company's technology and content nature
- Professional English level
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Summer days: Enjoy your summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- Holidays: 26 vacation days (23 + 24th & 31st of December and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which usually happens in March)
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package (salary may vary depending on location)
- Remote stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
👥 Putting people first
💪 Being brave
🗽 Showing ownership & accountability
🤝 Being honest & transparent
🎨 Being creative and having fun
🌟 Mastering our craft
Check out these videos: