Principal Product Manager (Voicemod Developer Kit)
"If my Monday morning consisted of a call with Clubhouse talking about how to best present Voicemod’s sound effects in their app, followed by discussing a strategic integration with Corsair or how to best get our Voice Avatars onto Roblox ... you wouldn't be able to keep the smile off my face." (potential candidate)
At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Google, LinkedIn, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About the role
The goal of the Voicemod Developer Services Kit (incl. SDK, Open APIs, AudioXP Content, etc.) is to offer our sonic identity and immersive audio experience technology and platform to other developers and companies. This developer product can be integrated into mobile and desktop applications, server solutions, streaming platforms, game publishers, or even hardware.
As Principal Product Manager and Lead of the Voicemod Developer Services Kit team, you will be in charge of leading the product efforts to provide Voicemod Services Kit to 3rd party developers and hardware manufacturers, from the definition phase to the collection of partner requirements, continuing with future iterations and business support processes. Going through all the phases of product strategy, prioritization, validation, development and go-to-market, among others. In addition, you will become the leader of the team, ensuring that all those within the squad work on the right things, at a good pace, being happy, proactive and productive. You will be the glue that unites all the pieces of a multi-disciplinary team. This role requires a high level of assertiveness and being able to lead via influence as the Voicemod Developer Kit solution has many dependencies on other teams.
What you'll do
- Define our Voicemod Developer Services Kit offering, go-to-market strategy and distribution channels like plug-in or extension marketplaces
- Define all the business support services and processes required to grow the Voicemod Developer Services Kit business unit, from single custom projects to self-service platform: self-service web, developer account management, backoffice (billing, tracking)
- Lead the development of proof-of-concepts, pilots and demo applications, ideally with partners, but also internal, to help validating the quality and suitability of our offerings
- Collaborate with partners on the definition of their end user’s use cases (JTBD) and user experience incl. what's the right end-user pricing and commercial model; incl. best practices on how to solve UI problems around presenting Voices, Sounds & Collections
- Collaborate with Voicemod App teams, the concept of the Voicemod Sonic Identity (VSI), a combination of Voice Avatar(s), personal SoundMemes that users can take as an ID(s) across the metaverse
- Drive our strategic partnership and internal roadmap around Voice Chat moderation solutions (Toxicity, Trust & Safety)
- You facilitate the ideation, design and implementation of product enhancements that solve our users’ problems in meaningful ways, weighing impact against business goals and technical feasibility
- You keep the team informed and aligned, as product, partner and project manager, communicating across functions (product, design, engineering, audio, content, marketing, user research and customer support)
- You define and prioritize user problems, business opportunities and feature specifications across various markets, platforms, devices and languages
- You measure the success of product changes and design and pursue relevant metrics and opportunities our data (also implementing A/B testing and other experiments) might reveal
- You actively participate along with the Support and UX teams to approach the issues and ideas of the users, thus obtaining valuable feedback that you will take advantage of to devise value, develop it and give back to users
- You monitor the market and competitive landscape and staying abreast of the latest technology and capabilities in the gaming, audio/voice, streaming and content creation space
What you'll need
- Technical background strongly preferred, additional business degree or similar experience a plus.
- Demonstrated consumer AND partner mind-set with minimum of 5 years experience delivering successful and innovative digital consumer and/or developer products with your fingerprints all over them.
- Specific experience in leading product strategy, including a proven ability to champion business, products and work towards key decisions.
- Good business judgement, always trying to combine product solutions and business goals.
- Analytical chops, Love for numbers. You live and breathe data. You know how to wield it but also where it can lead you astray.
- An orientation towards building value generating solutions.
- User, developer and business partner obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our partners problems.
- You are a digitally native gamer and/or content creator, empathetic to the experiences our developer partners build for their users.
- Ideally you have some passion and experience around audio, voice chat or similar.
- A "Gamer" mindset. You are biased towards action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Professional proficiency in English; conversational level Spanish a plus.
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Summer days: Enjoy your summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days (+ Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off) and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which usually happens in March
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package
- COVID-19 stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
🚀 Putting people first
🎧 Staying in tune
🎯 Taking play seriously
🎵 Following your rhythm
🥇 Mastering our sound
Check out these videos: