Business Development Manager (Voicemod Kit - Developer Services)
Business Development /
At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About The Role:
As part of the Business Development & Strategic Partnerships team, we are looking for a Business Development Manager (Voicemod Kit - Developer Services) Your mission will be to lead the companies business development efforts to partner with valuable players in the social, gaming, comms, audio and mobile consumer sector (software and hardware) who will commercially adopt and utilise Voicemod’s technology across all digital platforms. This role will be leading the charge for the company's B2B2C strategy in global markets. The Business Development Manager (Voicemod Kit - Developer Services) will be responsible for creating their own leads, developing potential partners and closing deals with product driven digital businesses and marketplaces.
What you'll do
- You'll be responsible for the business development pipeline of deals emanating from the US and European territories.
- Define our Voicemod Developer Services Kit offering, go-to-market strategy and distribution channels like plug-in or extension marketplaces
- Lead the development of proof-of-concepts, pilots and demo applications, ideally with partners, but also internal, to help validating the quality and suitability of our offerings
- Collaborate with partners on the definition of their end user’s use cases (JTBD) and user experience incl. what's the right end-user pricing and commercial model; incl. best practices on how to solve UI problems around presenting Voices, Sounds & Collections
- Identification of top targets in the social, gaming, mobile and entertainment industry.
- Identifying and building product & business cases for high potential partnership opportunities.
- Closing B2B2C partnerships that generate new revenues for the company.
- Structuring and negotiation of commercial agreements with partners.
- Managing and optimizing a portfolio of partnerships to grow and support the business.
- Raising the profile of the company and its brand amongst the ecosystem globally.
- Gathering intelligence on the competitive landscape and feeding back into the business.
- Liaising with internal and external legal personnel for the preparation, negotiation and execution of commercial agreements.
- Working closely with product management, developer relations, marketing and technology teams to ensure partners have proper support and excellent service.
What you'll need
- A proven closer in the social, gaming, mobile consumer tech and B2B2C technology sector.
- A strong mobile product and developer services knowledge and focus and experience with platform or product partnerships.
- Experience in the social, gaming, mobile developer industry.
- You have a career history of working for several years in a Business Development or partnerships role within a tech sector business and/or product led business in games/entertainment.
- Passion for digital entertainment, gaming and popular culture.
- A very organised, results driven business development professional.
- Excellent presentation skills, strong written and verbal communication.
- You are an excellent communicator, a natural collaborator and business partner.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across multiple teams
- You are flexible, adaptable and don't mind moving quickly to keep up with the demands of a busy, yet exciting work environment.
- Comfortable working under deadlines and producing key deliverables.
- Active network globally in the mobile, gaming, social developer ecosystem is essential.
- Absolute professional fluency in English; Spanish a plus.
- Self-Starter and ability to drive and manage activities and projects on their own
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- A true passion for Voicemod's vision and mission, our products, and the company's technology and content nature
- If you have demonstrable experience of closing deals in a similar environment
- If you have some product management experience, or worked very closely with product management in the past
- If you’re a Gamer, with deep understanding of the sector and product dynamics
- If you have a deep passion for audio and associated technologies
- If you’re a tech visionary who’s always reading about and sharing new cool stuff
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Summer days: Enjoy your summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days (+ Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off) and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which usually happens in March
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package
- COVID-19 stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
👥 Putting people first
💪 Being brave
🗽 Showing ownership & accountability
🤝 Being honest & transparent
🎨 Being creative and having fun
🌟 Mastering our craft
Check out these videos: