At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Google, LinkedIn, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About the role
In the Engineering department, we are looking for a Back End Developer whose mission will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
What you'll do
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Create Integration and Unit Tests for the services
- Building reusable code and libraries
- Consistently implement new technologies, trends, and best practices
- Constantly communication and collaboration with the development team to design new functionalities
What you'll need
- Working experience in creations and consumption of REST API services
- Knowledge in Node.js framework
- Knowledge in Docker containers
- Knowledge in languages like Rust or Go is optional but desirable
- Knowledge in DDD and Clean Architecture is optional but desirable
- Working experience creating and optimizing SQL and NoSQL databases
- An awareness of security concerns is important
- Knowledge in software architecture patterns (MVC, MVVM ...)
- Knowledge in the use of GIT version control software
- Ability to write clean, readable and reusable code
- Ability to debug errors
- Fluent written/oral communication in English (Upper-Intermediate/Advanced)
- A true passion for Voicemod mission, our products, and the company's technology and content nature.
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Summer days: Enjoy your summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days (+ Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off) and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which usually happens in March
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package
- COVID-19 stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
🚀 Putting people first
🎧 Staying in tune
🎯 Taking play seriously
🎵 Following your rhythm
🥇 Mastering our sound
Check out these videos: