IT Service Specialist (Hybrid - Karlsruhe, Germany)
Karlsruhe, Germany /
Operations – Internal IT /
About The Role
Looking for a role where you can make a direct impact on the success of a global company?
We’re looking for a fearless, highly organized and customer focused IT Desktop Support Specialist to join our IT team.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the end-user experience, from system evaluation and testing to endpoint break-fix, to network administration and compliance. The role requires a hands-on approach to end user experience management and is cross-functional in its scope and mandate. You are passionate about providing exceptional customer experiences to all users and can communicate in both technical and user-friendly language. You are the go-to person for resolving technical issues quickly and accurately and have a deep respect for maintaining and developing IT processes and procedures.
Our team is spread across North America and Europe, so you will need to be flexible on your work schedule.
What you’ll do:
- Corporate IT Help Desk
- Provide IT Support for all employees (onsite and remote) – Technology and Applications troubleshooting/repair/resolution for all endpoints.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk, via phone or email.
- Prioritize and schedule tickets and issues. Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process (including all successful and unsuccessful actions taken). Ensure final resolution of the issue. If necessary, ensure issues are escalated to the appropriate senior resources.
- Follow and execute Uptempo standard on-boarding procedures. This includes setting up new user accounts, ensuring documentation is up to date and setting up accounts according to the standard procedures.
- Provide support for all business technology, including printers, A/V equipment, scanners, and mobile devices.
- Track IT assets and follow the inventory management guidelines –Laptops, Monitors, and other peripheral equipment.
- Participate in additional technology initiatives as required - Assisting with OS upgrades, technology rollouts, etc.
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions at all levels.
- Collaborate with members of the information technology, security, and cloud teams to ensure consistent IT services to our business users.
- Other duties/responsibilities as required and assigned.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- 1-2 years’ experience as an IT Specialist in companies ranging from 100 to 500 corporate endpoints.
- Must be familiar with all components of laptops and desktops and be able to replace peripheral components, perform upgrades and repairs.
- Troubleshooting experience on Microsoft Windows 10 and MacOS Big Sur or newer and software related issues is required.
- Experience with imaging technologies and remote software installation tools such as Intune or Jamf Pro an asset.
- Prior experience supporting SaaS applications like Microsoft 365 platform of tools (e.g. Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook Online, etc.), Slack, etc.) an asset.
- Experience with Wired/Wireless networks, VPN, Collaboration tools (Chat and Video Conferencing), A/V devices, and conference room systems.
- Familiarity with standard helpdesk ticketing tools a plus.
- Passion for Customer Service and Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need when they need it.
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact.
- Ability to articulate technical solutions to non-technical users in simple and easy to understand terms
- Works unsupervised on individual service requests and trouble incidents.
- Works supervised on projects and problem investigations
Benefits of working at Uptempo:
- We’ve got a great office in Karlsruhe; close if the office is more your speed.
- Various benefits and a generous pension plan are also available to you.
- 30 days of vacation right from the start are standard with us.
- Community is a big part of who we are and we aim to make a difference by empowering our team to radiate that spirit! As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we are thrilled to offer paid volunteer time off days to our team members.
We think you would love it here: