Cloud Engineer (Remote)
Copenhagen, Capital Region /
Full-time / Remote
Uizard is a Series A funded startup building an online collaborative, AI-powered design tool that empowers non-designers to easily design mobile apps, websites, and desktop software. We're backed by some of the world's best funds —Insight Partners, Mariano Suarez-Battan (CEO and Co-Founder of Mural), byFounders, LDV Capital, and av8 Ventures.
We're on a mission to democratize design to empower non-designers everywhere. To make it happen, we've partnered with individuals and teams at IBM, Tesla, Google, Samsung, and Atlassian, to name a few.
We’re a remote-first team, with uizards working across 10 countries and our hub in Copenhagen. You’ll be joining a values-driven, passionate team whose backgrounds include InVision, Amazon, Techstars, and Workable.
Do you love to automate internal processes to provide extraordinary solutions and an excellent customer experience? If yes, read on... You'll have the opportunity to work closely with our engineering teams and ensure the quality and performance of our systems at scale. You know that moving fast doesn't sacrifice performance, quality, scalability, and security. It energizes you. Lastly, you'll have the freedom to release open-source software, publish papers, and present at conferences. Still interested? Then this might be a magical match!
Impact you'll have in your first year:
- Be an integral part of our team, participating in the design and development of our systems on a day-to-day basis
- Design and implement highly scalable solutions
- Automate the deployment of our systems and monitor its performance and health
- Deliver end-to-end solutions, collaborating with our small team
- Participate in the design and development of CI/CD pipelines of many different types of services
- Design infrastructure with security in mind
- Own the overall monitoring and support of infrastructure and services
- Bring new ideas and perspectives to existing and future projects
Skills we're looking for:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English.
- An engineering background with a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience with any major cloud provider. Preferably AWS.
- Background of building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, Github actions, etc).
- Hands-on experience with "infrastructure as code" solutions (Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, etc).
- Working experience with container orchestration and management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS etc).
- 3+ years Linux systems administration skills including shell scripting, network administration, and managing server infrastructures.
- Good understanding of networking technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, NAT, Routing, Load Balancing, Firewalls, etc).
- Hands-on experience in building and maintaining monitoring/logging/alerting stacks (ELK stack, Prometheus stack, Grafana, etc).
- Hashicorp stack (Vault, Packer, Nomad, etc)
- MongoDB and Redis
- Deploying and managing deep learning models and pipelines
- Building and maintaining a multi-region/datacenter setup
- Risk management techniques and threat modeling
- General interest or basic understanding of modern AI (computer vision and deep learning)
The salary range for the role is $45,000 to $110,000 USD annually, with an equity range of 0.1% – 1.0%.
WHY UIZARD IS UNIQUE
🌟Early-stage startup. You'll join an early-stage startup with less than 50 team members. This means you'll have the unique opportunity to directly impact success and help shape the future of Uizard.
🌍Powering the No-design tool movement. We're the world’s first product design tool powered by AI and we're on a mission to democratize design for everyone
🧙Product-market Fit. We already have a strong product-market fit for non-designers.
🦄13x Growth. We're a fast-growing (and culture intentional) startup, and we have big goals! You'll have the opportunity to impact Uizard's growth and help us achieve the next milestone in our journey.
🌱Learning. You'll experience unparalleled opportunities to learn, grow, and share your knowledge with others at Uizard and beyond.
WHAT UIZARD OFFERS
- Ability to work from Copenhagen HQ or fully remote in Europe (timezones UTC-/+3 for now)
- Flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 25 day of vacation, plus local holidays
- Monthly co-working space stipend if you're remote
- New MacBook (laptop), paid for by Uizard
- Annual retreats, fully paid for by Uizard
- Onsites in Copenhagen, flight and lodging paid for by Uizard
- Paid Parental Leave
- SWAG, we have some fun swag
BECOME A UIZARD!
The skills we're looking for is our wishlist. If you’re passionate about the role and feel that your experience prepares you to do it, we'd love for you to apply especially if you don't meet 100%. Here’s what our hiring process looks like:
1) Submit your application—includes your resume and thoughtful responses to the application questions.
2) Review your application based on relevant skills, experience, and responses.
3) Screening interview to get to know each other's motivations, values, and background.
4) Technical Quest to better understand your hard skills.
5) Culture and Career Goals Interview to understand your strength and aspirations.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Uizard. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and don’t discriminate on the basis of gender (including pregnancy and child-related leave), race or color, religion, belief, or political opinion, sexual orientation, age, ability, and national, social, or ethnic origin.