Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) - Remote possible
Engineering – Engineering /
Help us bring people and businesses together
Our SaaS platform enables multi-location brands and businesses to boost their online presence. From big to small, from Adidas to ZenPark, our client base contains some of your favourite brands as well, we bet.
The Past, Present & Future
In 2013, Uberall was born out of the vision by longtime friends and business partners David Federhen and Florian Hübner. They wanted to bridge the online and offline world more effectively, so companies could generate new customers, build customer relationships and increase their sales. They created a platform that would connect companies with local customers through search and discovery, engagement and conversion.
In July 2021 we acquired one of the most successful location marketing platforms in the US, MomentFeed, and raised a series C funding round of $115m. We plan to seize on this momentum to rapidly expand in North America and become the undisputed global leader in this space. This role is pivotal to us executing on this journey!!
You and us
Around 400 Uberallers, with 50+ different nationalities, live and breathe our three core values:
🌵 GROW TOGETHER
⛰ DEMONSTRATE PASSION & PERFORMANCE
✊ BE BOLD & DRIVE CHANGE
If you are thinking about becoming our newest addition, apply here.
About the role:
In this role you are going to make a real business impact, breaking down barriers between product, engineering, security, quality assurance and operations, with the aim of delivering applications and services at high velocity. You will find endless possibilities to learn and develop, our fast-growing company will allow you to deploy a broad set of skills that you are constantly refining due to the new challenges we face every day.
- You will work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- You will build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
- You will ensure that systems are safe and secure
- You will work with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- You will test and examine code written by others
- You will plan out projects and be involved in project management decisions
- You will perform root cause analysis for infrastructure production errors
- You will develop and support monitoring infrastructure
- You will design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- You own a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any other relevant field and have gained several years of work experience in the DevOps area supporting SDLC at scale
- You are Proficient with git and git workflows combined with a strong hands-on experience building CI/CD workflows
- You have developed familiarity with a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure tools and experience with software deployment and orchestration technologies e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes in production environments
- You acquired a deep understanding of microservices and distributed architecture, are well-versed in the use of monitoring tools and have a working knowledge of databases and SQL
- You own a collaborative team spirit combined with a problem-solving attitude and excellent communication skills in English
What we offer:
🌎 Market-leading and cutting-edge location marketing software (SaaS) scale up with an exciting & international customer base - (our customers our some of the most recognizable brands in the world) and the opportunity to work with a world-class international team
🤩 Lively and open company culture with flat hierarchies and short chains of command
🗺 Remote and flex work hours...yes, d'uh! It's not 1992 anymore. Check our social media content for some remote working stories. Who needs a cubicle, when you can have your cat walking through the video-call?
🥳 Waffle days, bad jokes, a HUGE Project A corp benefit program, a CEO with a pizza oven, global meditation sessions, German language class, LGBTQIA+ community and support, book club, culture committee, individual L&D paths and -budget…
💃 Hoodie and merch - we got you covered. With your onboarding package comes your new stylish look.
🥳 Events and off-sites - YES and YES. Plan something with your team, if you feel like it. The whole company meets 2-3 times a year (Winter/Summer Party, Just-Because Parties).
🖥 Proper tech, check. Macbook pro, Apple mouse, -stand and Apple keyboard. Need anything else? Let the P&P team know.
Remember our "Grow Together" value from the beginning of the ad?
We mean it.
Everything starts with getting in touch. The best way to express your interest is by applying online. We will be carefully reading your profile and can't wait to hear from you.
In the meantime, let our "life@uberall" social accounts give you some real life impressions.