Accounting Manager EMEA (m/f/d) - remote possible
Finance & Operations – Finance /
Help us bring people and businesses together
Our SaaS platform enables multi-location brands and businesses to boost their online presence. From big to small, from Adidas to ZenPark, our client base contains some of your favourite brands as well, we bet.
The Past, Present & Future
In 2013, Uberall was born out of the vision by longtime friends and business partners David Federhen and Florian Hübner. They wanted to bridge the online and offline world more effectively, so companies could generate new customers, build customer relationships and increase their sales. They created a platform that would connect companies with local customers through search and discovery, engagement and conversion.
In July 2021 we acquired one of the most successful location marketing platforms in the US, MomentFeed, and raised a series C funding round of $115m. We plan to seize on this momentum to rapidly expand in North America and become the undisputed global leader in this space. This role is pivotal to us executing on this journey!!
You and us
Over 400 Uberallers, with 50+ different nationalities, live and breathe our three core values:
🌵 GROW TOGETHER
⛰ DEMONSTRATE PASSION & PERFORMANCE
✊ BE BOLD & DRIVE CHANGE
If you are thinking about becoming our newest addition, apply here.
About the role
In the role of Accounting Manager EMEA (m/f/d) you will play an important role in the transition of Uberall´s financial accounting to a scalable, smart and compliant fashion, tackling challenges like dealing with fast pace growth initiatives and the requirement for a fast internalisation of work from local financial advisers.
This role is an interesting combination of operational and managerial tasks, if you have already led a team this is definitely an advantage but we are also happy to provide training, etc. if that would be your first step into a manager role.
- Responsible for our German parent Organisation’s daily and monthly financial accounting activities in HGB and in IFRS, fiscal record-keeping together with the rest of the controlling organization
- Proactively assist in optimizing our in-department processes by managing the accounts receivable and accounts payable team members
- Assist in controlling, the analysis and annotation of financial statements (monthly and on annual basis), accompany financial and tax audits as well as support the local tax advisers
- Contribute to the team by continuously optimizing current accounting processes and procedures in order to adapt to a fast-changing environment always ensuring high-quality results
- Partner with different stakeholders to ensure compliance with relevant legal standards, government regulations, contractual requirements and in-house policies i.e. maintain compliance procedures
- Collaborate with colleagues from different central and local functions to drive best practices and efficiency improvements
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as an accountant or in a comparable position (preferable accounting/audit firm experience), a CPA with advanced knowledge of German GAAP knowledge and experience bridging it to IFRS
- Self-starter - the ability to act and operate independently
- Very good communication skills in English and German
- Keen to beat assigned deadlines and always try to overachieve by constantly designing process optimization
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance and drive value creation
- Knowledge of Netsuite (preferred but not required) or any other renowned ERP solutions
What we offer:
💜 A mission with meaning and purpose At Uberall, we foster genuine connections between local businesses and people. Our diverse team of over 400 people working in 30 different countries allows us to win together with our partners, co-workers, and customers. Speaking of our customers, they’re some of the most recognizable businesses in the world.
😁 A truly human culture We’re famous for our culture. Uberallers live by our values of mutual respect and boldness. We’re open, collaborative risk-takers with a whole lot of passion and grit.
🤸🏽♀️ Flexibility to fit your lifestyle Want to come to an office for collaboration? We’ve got space for you in Berlin, Amsterdam, Detroit, and London. Prefer to work remotely? Fine by us! Bonus points if we meet your pets in a video call. If working from another country is legally possible for you and within a reasonable time zone, we happily support work-ations.
💸 A piece of the pie Our pay & perks are competitive, and you better believe we review them on the regular to make sure they stay that way. We grow together, so of course all Uberallers are part of our long-term incentive program through VSOP/ESOP.
♺ Emotional and intellectual connection Events and alignment sessions - YES and YES. With the team, cross-functions, regional, you name it - we love bringing people together. Uberallers share a LOT of hobbies. Whatever you’re into – reading books, baking, heavy metal, fostering kittens . . . you’ll find kindred spirits on our team.
🧘 Health and Wellness We prioritize your wellness with generous holiday time, paid parental and circumstantial leave, and individualized health and wellness opportunities depending on your location.
⭐️ All-access pass Get immersed in Uberall from day one. Your onboarding is packed with a deep dive into our values, insights into all our departments, and a chance to ask the CEO anything. We come together monthly for our town hall and product showroom so you’re always in the know.
🌵 Everyday growth We support you on your non-stop learning journey. We offer development dialogues, access to LinkedIn Learning, live workshops on topics like resilience and feedback, and a Leadership Academy to make sure our leaders have all the tools to bring out the very best in teams. Need to improve your language skills? We have German and business English classes, and virtual coffee chats in 7 different languages.
🖥 Top-of-the-line tech MacBook Pro, magic mouse, 2nd screen . . . Need anything else? Let the People & Culture team know.
Remember our "Grow Together" value from the beginning of the ad?
We mean it.
Everything starts with getting in touch. The best way to express your interest is by applying online. We will be carefully reading your profile and can't wait to hear from you.
In the meantime, let our "life@uberall" social accounts give you some real life impressions.