South Africa /
Triggerfish has an exciting opening for an experienced Development Executive with a passion for animated films and a nuanced understanding of storytelling from the African continent.
The candidate should have previously worked for at least 3-5 years in script development with writers, directors and producers in developing film and TV projects for the global market.
The Development Executive will work with the Creative Director to identify unique concepts from around the African continent, attach strong talent to support the creator’s vision, and guide the selected projects through script into production.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Source original projects in line with Triggerfish creative philosophy & standards
- Shepherd delivery of multiple creative projects through development and into a market-ready pitch/script, offering creative insight and support to creators
- Manage and equip creative partners and talent to deliver the creative projects on time, on budget and in line with the director’s vision
- Support creative director in creative stakeholder management, including preparation for festivals, pitch events or client meetings
The ideal candidate will:
- live in the South African time zone (this is a remote position)
- Be passionate about animation (or excited to learn)
- Be committed to working with emerging creatives who have a strong creative vision but may need a high level of support.
- Be confident at presenting pitches to our high profile funders.
- Be willing to travel to festivals on the African continent and beyond.
Triggerfish is Africa’s largest and most awarded animation studio, with a vision to bring authentic stories from underrepresented creators to the premium family entertainment world.