Amsterdam, The Netherlands /
Consumer – Consumer General /
Employee, Full Time
What You'll Do
- Lead the design and content creation mandate as part of the brand marketing team, setting the creative direction as we advertise our growing portfolio of apps
- Design, Design, Design. From social content, brand / seasonal campaigns to performance ones, you’ll take every touchpoint as an opportunity to build on TomTom’s brand equity and make an impression
- You’ll make complex concepts and technology easy-to-understand for our audience through art and animation, elevating the quality of our content
- Develop and deliver a consistent brand experience, aligned with the overarching TomTom brand yet customized and relevant for the consumer audiences
- As a strategic creative, you’ll leverage consumer insights, channel-wise best practices and cultural references towards creating compelling ideas and executions
- Manage and mentor a small team of in-house and freelance designers
- Work with creative operations teams and producers to plan and budget for photoshoots/ content creation as required to support our campaign calendar
- Lead from the front in adopting tools and automation that help scale our creative efforts
- Work closely with the larger marketing team, copywriters, and creators to experiment with new channels and new formats
What You'll Need
- 6+ years brand/art/visual design experience at a design shop, ad agency, or internal brand team (preferred)
- Understanding of composition, grid, color theory, typography, and layout design.
- Familiarity of the entire design production process, especially for video creation
- Expert (or close to) in all Adobe CC, Keynote/Powerpoint, Figma, and other design software
- Passion for technology, experimentation and how creativity adds value to the business
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback when it comes to all things creative – concept, execution, copy
- Experience managing junior designers as well as senior stakeholders
- It is required you share a portfolio or work samples, inclusive of unique and original designs. Marketing, social media, and Ad designs are a plus.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Working @ TomTom, our work flexibility program – you and your team decide where is best for you to work depending on the activity you’re doing. This could be at home or in the office.
- Home office benefits – you’ll be provided with a one-time home office setup budget to create a safe and ergonomic work environment, as well as a monthly allowance to support home office expenses.
- Extended Location Flexibility – with this benefit, you may be eligible to work abroad for up to 30 days in your country of citizenship, or up to 90 calendar days in select countries and states.
- Holiday package, including your birthday off.
- One paid day off for volunteering.
- Hackathons, DevDays and more – at TomTom, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to life, shaping them to help millions of people around the world.
- Learning opportunities – grow at TomTom through our internal learning programs.
- Being part of a collaborative and inclusive global culture – we have over 80 nationalities!
- Plus, there will be additional benefits tailored to your work location!
Meet your team
We’re TomTom Consumer. On our team, you’ll bring smart, safe driving to millions of people around the world. We’re going beyond navigation technology to build a full-service community platform that addresses consumers’ needs every step of the way, whether they want to optimize their commute to work, get inspired by delightful landscapes, or make sure they arrive on time to that long-anticipated friends’ reunion. This is your chance to play a role in building the world’s largest driving community, while bringing a more enjoyable on-road experience to all drivers.
You’ll help people find their way in the world. In 2004, TomTom revolutionized how the world moves with the introduction of the first portable navigation device. Now, we intend to do it again by engineering the first-ever real-time map, the smartest and most useful map on the planet.
Work with a team of 4,000+ unique, curious and passionate problem-solvers. Together, we’ll open up a world of possibilities for car manufacturers, enterprises and developers to help people understand and get closer to the world around them.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout your journey with us, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews all the way through onboarding. To find out more about our application process, check out our hiring FAQs.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is where you can find your place in the world. Every day we welcome, nurture and celebrate differences. Why? Because your uniqueness is what makes you, you. No matter your culture or background, you’ll find your impact at TomTom. Research also shows that sometimes women and underrepresented communities can be hesitant to apply for positions unless they believe they meet 100% of the criteria. If you can relate to this, please know that we’d love to hear from you.