Legal Risk & Compliance – Risk & Compliance /
Bud's mission is simple. We're here to create the world’s most compelling financial data products. The products we're building are used by some of the world's most prestigious institutions to help millions of their customers take control of their finances.
We recently raised $80m in our Series B so you’ll be joining us at a really exciting time as we expand into new markets and invest heavily into the business
Risk & Compliance at Bud
The Risk and Compliance Team at Bud is a highly strategic team focused on protecting Bud's business from a variety of risks such as regulatory, reputational and financial risks. We work closely with the Legal, marketing, sales and product teams to ensure we're always seeking good outcomes for our customers and clients while staying in line with industry regulatory guidance such as from the FCA (and the Bank of Lithuania for when we launch in Europe).
We want to build a world class Risk and Compliance team, policies and processes backed by industry leading reg tech to keep Bud Compliant, growing and scaling efficiently while enabling and creating frictionless experiences for our clients. We see onboarding as a tool not only to be compliant with regulations but to make digital and frictionless client experiences a competitive advantage for Bud.
You will be working with large Enterprise and Fintech clients that include some of the largest banks in the world. Now, with a European and US expansion on the roadmap, it is without a doubt one of the most exciting times to be joining Bud.
What Impact you'll make
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and ambitious team member to join us on this journey.
- You’ll be responsible for onboarding checks of potential new clients and managing ongoing due diligence for our existing client base.
- You will also be responsible for further aspects of compliance & regulatory reporting and in order to do this you will be working closely with our MLRO, legal, engineering, sales, and marketing teams.
- You'll have solid communication skills; will take ownership of issues and be accountable for outcomes with clients.
- If you are ready to take on a challenge that involves using multiple skills and disciplines in a fast-paced environment where your actions will make a real difference
What you'll do
- Requesting KYC/KYB documentation and reviewing the documents obtainedHandling RFP requests from clients and suppliers
- Conducting PEPs, Sanctions and adverse media screeningPerforming SDD/CDD/EDD and AML checks on corporate clients
- Conducting ongoing due diligence checks and KYC refresh on clients and suppliers to ensure that Bud is meeting its regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and clients/solicitors to obtain further information
- Working closely with the Legal, Sales and Marketing teams to investigate and resolve any issues as they arise.
- Implement and observe an AML record and review framework, with records accurately maintained, properly catalogued in accordance with the framework and its procedures and requirement
- Creating and submitting reports to the FCA when required
- Ensuring CDD checks are conducted within the agreed timeframes set in the OKRs
- Monitoring Transactions for AML risk and flagging risky transactions to the MLRO and then our clients
- Ongoing review of all KYC/KYB/AML processes and procedures to assure that key failure points, gaps or inefficiencies are identified and appropriately flagged
A bit about you
- 3+ years relevant experience in an end-to-end client onboarding role for fintech and corporate clients
- In-depth knowledge of AML/KYB/KYC processes across banks and fintechs
- Client onboarding experience within Fintechs (SMEs and Corporate clients)Experience in conducting Sanctions, PEP and adverse media screening
- Experience in onboarding trusts, complex business structures and corporate clients
- You’ve worked for or with a fintech before, and have a basic understanding of Open Banking technologies
- A degree in Law, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration;
- Experience of onboarding clients using Regulatory Technology providers such as Passfort, Moodys, ComplyAdvantage, Creditsafe, Bureau van dijk, etc
- Knowledge of information technology (ISO 27001, SOC2 rating, GDPR)Knowledge of supplier onboarding
- CAMS/ICA Diploma/certification is a plus
- Relevant experience and knowledge of EU and UK AML regulations (US exposure is a bonus)
- Experience and knowledge working in the credit risk sector
- Strong analytical skills, solution and detail-oriented, with IT affinity;
- A strong sense of purpose to proactively identify and solve problems with little hand holdingOutstanding organisational and motivational skills and the ability to think and act across functions;
- A flexible, resilient team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, able to build collaborative relationships;
- Able to balance numerous tasks and competing priorities in a fast paced and demanding environment.
What we consider a plus
- 💰Competitive salaries. We have benchmarked this role between £38,000-£48,000
- 💰Pension. We’ll match pension contributions up to 5% through our scheme with Aviva
- 📚Learning & Development Budget. £1000 a year to accelerate your learning.
- 📈Career Progression. We have uniquely built out progression frameworks to help accelerate your growth and quarterly R&D days
- 🧘♂️Mental Health Support. Online therapy and resources through our partners at Spill
- 🏋️♀️Wellbeing Allowance. £50 a month to use towards your wellbeing
- 🏥Private Medical Insurance through Vitality.
- ⏳Flexible Working. We trust our team to get the job done and will support various flexible working arrangements as part of our hybrid approach, which includes our 60-day work abroad allowance.
- 🏖️Time Off. 25 days + Bank Holidays +additional time over the holiday season.
- 🍼Parental Leave. On top of our enhanced parental leave, we also offer 5 days of paid fertility leave and 10 days of paid pregnancy loss leave as we know the journey to parenthood isn’t always straightforward.
- Volunteering Leave. 2 days off a year to spend time on projects and initiatives that matter to you.
We also have numerous other benefits so feel free to ask on a call with our talent team!
We believe that diversity will make us better.
At Bud, culture is always at the forefront of our minds! We're looking for bold, authentic and collaborative people who can bring innovation and creativity to our teams in line with our core values. We also value equal opportunities and we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We have a commitment to building an inclusive and diverse work environment, which means we encourage you to apply for our roles as we’d love to hear from you.
Bud remembers that our team are real people with real lives and wants to support them through all life’s ups and downs. We have a range of leave policies in place to support our team members.