Full-stack developer (m/f/d)
Paris (possible remote) /
Tech & Data – Software Engineer /
Since 2015, talent.io’s mission is to enable any company to hire the best tech workers on the market in the simplest possible way. Today, our selective recruitment platform is the easiest way for start-ups, SMEs and large companies to quickly build a powerful tech team. 🚀
In 7 years, we raised €10m and grew from 3 people in Paris to a team of almost 150 people across 7 countries, and we don't intend to stop here!
- Implement the features prioritized by the product team on our roadmap from end to end: backend using Ruby on Rails, frontend in ReactJS and deployment of the feature on our Heroku infrastructure.
- Pair program with fellow developers. At talent.io, we think that pair programming is a great vector for knowledge transmission and we strongly encourage the team to practice it.
- Review code done by your peers, to ensure that we maintain high quality standards in terms of code readability to ease later maintenance.
- Provide operational support, fixing bugs encountered by users and our operational team. Though we strive for achieving a great code quality, sometimes bugs slip through the cracks and we want to fix them in a timely manner. We have a Bug Master process that ensures that every day, there is one developer who reacts to the incoming requests, while the rest of the team can focus on their projects.
- Increase our expertise on transverse topics: infrastructure, performance or security. After a couple of months at talent, you get to choose a guild for the purpose of learning more about that topic, and making our platform excel in light of your chosen specialty.
- A place of learning: Many developers started at talent.io with no prior knowledge of our techno stack, and were able to become productive after a couple of months of our finely tuned onboarding program and the support of their mentor
- A place of meaning: Tech recruitment is at the heart of many innovation today, and it feels good to contribute to this
- A place of trust: Building a place where people can develop themselves with everyone’s support and share their ideas proactively means a lot to us. “Hard on the problem, soft on the people”... this is the way we want to work!
- A place of fun: We get pretty creative when it comes to celebrating successes and milestones: baking pastries, tasting whisky, escaping rooms, playing board games, going on off-sites, having fancy dinners, etc. Levity is a mindset we embrace in our day-to-day interaction.
- A place of agility: We follow Agile principles, with a strong accent emphasis on team reflection towards being more effective, and tuning our behaviours to evolving contexts.
talent.io's platform is mainly built on Ruby on Rails combined with ReactJS, and hosted on Heroku. Our tech team of 12+ developers continues to grow as we develop our service, and we’re working on many exciting projects to ensure we stay #1 in the tech recruitment market in Europe.
As a result, we are hiring talented Full Stack Developers, to join the team and contribute to the journey.
As a Full stack developer, you will:
What you will find in our Engineering team
- You come from any background - ie not necessarily only Full Stack Development, and master basic software development concepts and logic
- You feel comfortable working in English on a daily basis - our team is international.
- You like being challenged, constantly learning and improving your soft and technical skills.
- You pay attention to details: you will leave no stone unturned in calling your job done.
- You don’t need to master our technical stack. We feel that if you are curious and already comfortable with other programming languages, learning Ruby on Rails or ReactJS shouldn’t be difficult.
- An initial 30min call with a member of the Tech team, to mutually assess whether there may indeed be a good fit
- A technical test to be prepared at home. While we believe it's the best way for you to showcase your technical skills, we are open to discussing alternatives if you are short on time.
- A technical interview, with team members
- An interview with your future manager, to dive into the details of your future job.
- A People & Culture interview
- Reference check - only if you have enough professional experience to justify it of course
- You receive your offer!
🌱 Note that talent.io embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
This job is open to people with disabilities, we encourage everyone to apply.