Senior Product Owner UK
At Silverfin we’re trying to apply the promise of software to the age-old industry of accounting. With our SaaS we’re automating a large chunk of the busy-work that accountants are currently handling manually, and are building new tools so they can provide better services to their customers. We aim to optimize their workflow in such a way that accountants can spend more time on the much more impactful and rewarding work of advising their customers, the business owners.
The good news is we’re succeeding in doing exactly that. Every day more than 15,000 financial service professionals use Silverfin to help and advise more than 200,000 businesses. Our customers adore us! The even better news is there’s still plenty left to work on, and that’s where we hope you come in.
We are growing rapidly since our start in 2013. Originating from Belgium, we have successfully launched primary markets in Belgium, Netherland, Luxembourg and the UK. From these offices, we’re serving a strongly growing client base, including the big 4, in 14 countries with 160+ colleagues. Because of this rapid growth we are looking for an extra product manager in our UK team.
Silverfin is an international platform with a universal feature set but not everything translates to regional accounting practices. We need to adhere to UK legislation for multiple workflows in order to compete with other players in the local market.
Although we allow a large degree of customisation in our platform, we want to ensure that our products are relevant and well received by the regional market ‘out-the-box’.We need a clear proposition and ensure that we’re focussing our customisation efforts on the right areas of accounting/tax that are relevant for a region, whilst also drawing off a core feature set that allows optimal ways of working (e.g. communication, review flows).
We also want to take the learnings from one region and see how those could inform our universal feature set to benefit all customers to get started on new regions quicker.
What you'll be doing
- You’ll be joining a growing Product team in an industry that has only just started to be disrupted (by us!)
- Your main responsibility will be using your accounting/tax knowledge to help evolve Silverfin’s UK product offering, translating customer needs into product specifications delivered to the development team
- You will carry out discovery tasks with our clients to understand their business needs, working with design and development to suggest new features in line with UK legislation, ensuring product market fit
- You’ll work closely with Customer success and you will take responsibility for ensuring NPS is not being negatively affected by the products you look after
- You’ll work with product marketing to coordinate any product releases made in the UK to ensure customers and prospects are well informed
- You’ll work with Sales enablement and presales to ensure our sales team has the knowledge to sell our products successfully on the market, and that the product is meeting the expectation of the market
- You’ll also work alongside any partners in the UK who are developing their products to sell in the Silverfin marketplace to ensure adherence to our development and user experience guidelines
- You’ll learn how the Silverfin platform works until you know it inside out, you’ll be the go to person for details on our UK product offering
A bit more about you
- You have at least 5 years background in accountancy/tax and / or accountancy/tax software and want to use your knowledge and skills to enhance our Silverfin platform.
- Tax experience preferredYou have interest / experience in product management (or similar experience with internal software / product projects) and Technology
- You are able to quickly understand the current needs of the UK accounting market, and are able to challenge the status quo, making the right comprises to ensure the right products are built in the right way
- You must be able to get into the detail to fully analyse customer requirements, and come up with a solution that meets the requirements while maintaining an excellent user experience in line with the principles of our product
- As you are the link between different internal teams and our customers, you need to be an excellent communicator and must be able to quickly build credibility and trust with our customers
- You will be able to think commercially and holistically in order to join up properly with other parts of the business, ensuring our product vision is realised through marketing, partners and the sales team.
- You will be able to work in a Scale up environment, helping to put in place proper procedures to ensure we scale in the right way and maintain consistency and excellence in our product offering
What we can offer
- The opportunity to help build a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene
- A competitive salary with additional benefitsGenerous personal annual training allowance
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
- Regular and fun team activities and after work
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, fresh fruits and … drinks on Thursday
- Cool office spaces in Ghent and London
- Flexible working with possibility to work from home when required