Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering – Tech /
Second is a fast-growing company on a mission to bring services to e-commerce. We develop a solution tailored to the unique needs of large corporate clients (Siemens Energy, Allianz, Suez etc..). Our platform offers unparalleled flexibility, enabling seamless transactions, from direct customer-seller bookings to sophisticated request-for-proposal processes. At Second, we're trailblazing in an uncharted territory, and we're looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to set-up, maintain and scale our infrastructure.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring the stability and performance of our organization's critical software systems and infrastructure. Your responsibilities will encompass automating operational tasks, optimizing system performance, responding swiftly to incidents, implementing robust monitoring and alerting solutions, and upholding security and compliance standards. You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to bridge the gap between development and operations, engage in capacity planning, manage infrastructure using best practices like Infrastructure as Code, oversee cloud services, and develop disaster recovery strategies. Your expertise is integral to maintaining a reliable and efficient digital experience for our users and customers.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Familiar with Terraform
- Understand Kubernetes and how to manage a cluster
- Expert at scripting
- Expert in Linux administration
- Familiar with building CI/CD pipelines
- Mastery of Git
- Have worked in multi-cloud deployments
- Experience deploying Azure, GCP and AWS
- Experience with observability, tracing and centralized logging
- Experience working in a multi-tenant SAAS environment
- Experience working with a Kubernetes service mesh
- Experience optimizing cloud spend
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana
- Familiarity with microservices design principles and reliability patterns
€56,000 - €82,000 a year
Salary will scale and match experience from mid to senior.
Join Us: If you're excited to be part of a dynamic team at the forefront of e-commerce services and possess the skills and qualifications we're looking for, we encourage you to apply. At Second, we value innovation, collaboration, and pushing boundaries to deliver an exceptional solution to our clients and partners. As a remote friendly organization, we host quarterly weeklong off-sites to meet each other. This is an opportunity to work with people from all over the world who share a common culture of excellence.