Full Stack Rust Engineer
Engineering – Tech /
Second is a fast-growing company on a mission to bring services to e-commerce. We develop a solution tailored to the unique needs of large corporate clients (Siemens Energy, Allianz, Suez etc..). Our platform offers unparalleled flexibility, enabling seamless transactions, from direct customer-seller bookings to sophisticated request-for-proposal processes. At Second, we're trailblazing in an uncharted territory, and we're looking for several Software Engineers to join the core development team.
As a Software Engineer at Second, you will be a vital part of our mission to transform e-commerce for services. You will have the opportunity to design and build robust web APIs in Rust, leveraging your extensive experience with RESTful architectures. Your role will involve crafting scalable, reliable, and fault-tolerant solutions while using your expertise in relational databases. Additionally, you'll promote knowledge sharing within our team and collaborate on a modern architecture based on microservices and asynchronous messaging.
- Design and develop high-performance web APIs using Rust.
- Work with RESTful architectures to build scalable solutions.
- Create reliable and fault-tolerant systems.
- Utilize relational databases for effective data management.
- Foster a culture of knowledge sharing and teamwork.
- Architect and develop microservices and event-driven solutions.
- Apply event sourcing, CQRS and eventual consistency principles.
- Implement software using design patterns for maintainable solutions.
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Kubernetes for application deployment.
- Leadership experience with small engineering teams.
- Proficiency in continuous deployment practices.
- Knowledge of gRPC for efficient service communication.
- Experience in a full stack Rust web framework such as Yew or Leptos
- Familiarity with non-relational data stores (document, kv stores).
- Integration expertise with search solutions (Elastic, Solr).
- Proficiency in the functional programming aspects of Rust.
- Experience implementing Domain-Driven Design (DDD) principles.
- Previous work on multi-tenant software solutions.
- Experience with asynchronous integrations, such as cloud events.
- Mastery of other typed languages such as Go and TypeScript.
€75,000 - €110,000 a year
Join Us: If you're excited to be part of a dynamic team at the forefront of e-commerce services and possess the skills and qualifications we're looking for, we encourage you to apply. At Second, we value innovation, collaboration, and pushing boundaries to deliver an exceptional solution to our clients and partners. As a remote friendly organization, we host quarterly weeklong off-sites to meet each other. This is an opportunity to work with people from all over the world who share a common culture of excellence.