Payment Operations specialist
SEB Global Services – Business Support & Operations /
SEB is a leading northern European financial services group with customer bases among both private individuals and organizations. We are consistently recognized for our expertise and customer-centric approach, which we achieve by listening to our customers, committing to quality and trust, and encouraging an entrepreneurial mindset in everything we do. Does that sound like a fit for you?
Join our Payments Operations team and take part in shaping the future of payments through advanced technology, such as automation, scripting, and robotics. As a member of the team, you will work in a friendly and supportive environment and gain substantial knowledge in the payments area, processing and monitoring domestic and international payments, investigating client requests, reconciling and controlling accounts, supporting partners via email and phone, controlling and analyzing payment flow and collaborating with colleagues from different geographies.
Are you a quick learner? No previous banking experience is needed – join us if you are ready to kick-start your career.
As a Payment Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for:
• Investigating, monitoring, and processing of international and domestic payment end-to-end process and any discrepancies;
• Collaborating with other SEB teams to ensure a high level of customer focus and stakeholder management;
• Taking part in continuous improvement activities;
• Control of Nostro and internal accounts in reconciliation system;
• Investigating outstanding transactions (internal communication and SWIFT).
To succeed and thrive in this position you need to be:
• Fluent in English language (both written and spoken);
• Accurate and attentive to detail and able to prioritize tasks based on deadlines;
• Self-driven, positive, and open-minded, with a service-minded attitude;
• Team player with good communication and collaboration skills;
• Able to absorb new ideas and methods quickly;
• Master of thinking outside of the box;
• Quick learner with eagerness to develop as an expert;
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel (not mandatory but a strong plus).
What we offer
We offer many experiences and benefits to our employees, and there is nuance to every individual’s career experience, but the elements that define the core of our offering are:
• International opportunities and working environment;
• Support in developing your skills and expertise;
• Friendly and welcoming culture;
• Extensive training and learning opportunities;
• Attractive compensation and benefits;
• A platform to transform an industry;
• Workplace in one of the most modern, sustainable and inspiring offices in Riga (moving in spring 2023).
Learn more about working at SEB https://www.seb.lv/eng/career/seb-global-services
Monthly salary range for this position: 1200 - 1800 EUR before tax deduction. Please note that the offer for the final candidate will depend on the experience and competencies of the candidate for the required job. Overall remuneration package consists of the salary together with other benefits.
* Candidate must meet the requirements of Article 34.5 of the Credit Institution Law
Ready to join?
We are looking forward to receiving your application by March 27th, 2023. Please send a personal letter and your resume in English via "Apply for this job" option.
Learn more about why You will love working with us here: https://www.seb.lv/en/career
How it is to be a part of Operations here: SEB • It’s all about the people - Jobcast | Podcast on Spotify
It is our fundamental belief that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our future success. We strive to have an inclusive, value-driven culture where employees feel valued, respected and involved irrespective of who they are, what they believe, or where they come from.
At SEB, we have always believed that the future depends on turning great ideas into reality. Ever since we welcomed our first customer in 1856, we have been a catalyst for positive change by providing responsible advice and capital to people with ideas for the future. Grounded in our long history and strong heritage, we want to create long-term value for all our stakeholders by being curious about what the future holds. We have a strong ambition to accelerate the pace towards a sustainable future for people, businesses, and society. Our skilled and dedicated employees stand by our customers in good times and bad and offer financial products and services that meet their ever-changing needs – both in our home markets in northern Europe and through our international network around the world.
Read more: https://sebgroup.com/