Design Director | SEB, Stockholm
Group Staff, Control & Support – Marketing & Communication /
Marketing & Communication /
SEB is a leading northern European financial services group. We are working within both retail and corporate banking as well as in many other aspects of finance. Bring an entrepreneurial mindset, passion for learning, and a collaborative nature, and you will have the opportunity for a long and exciting career here. We’re searching for a talented Senior Director who’s looking for new experiences. Come and help us explore the human aspect of banking and bring SEB into the future. Sounds like a good fit?
What you will be doing
At SEB, we want to build marketing that engages everyone it touches. Now, we’re looking for a Design Director to join our creative team.
You will work within the SEB Creative Direction team to create world-class marketing through stunning design and motion graphics. You have the ambition to excel in the field of design, and you’re looking for a team that lets you grow and pursue that goal. You thrive on exploring and perfecting design in both digital and traditional media.
· Lead overall Design Thinking
· Lead the development of our visual expression to make it align with our brand platform andcommunication concept within marketing and campaigns.
· Be a stakeholder and partner in all design-related questions towards our creative and production partners.
· Communicate our design vision and influence design-led thinking throughout the whole organization in an inspiring way
· Responsible for establishing and developing best practices with design. Constantly refining examples, inspiration, and templates across all touchpoints. Lead and refine craft in design, typography, photography, and motion to keep the expression of the brand fresh.
· Visualize ideas to influence external and internal stakeholders.
· Create a wide range of design executions for different parts of the organization.
· Ensure consistency of the design across all touch-points together with the team.
· This role comes with a great mandate to explore and evolve our design over time.
· Contributing to an open and strong team spirit and living by a can-do attitude.
Excellence in design
· Responsible for having an overview of everything we produce and seeing opportunities for improvement.
· Support and guide designers across the SEB organization.
· Identify opportunities for raising the bar when it comes to our visual identity.
· Support quality control and attention to detail in design (last mile across all touch points) in execution working with internal and external partners.
· Working with the whole creative team and/or stakeholders around design and development of visual ideas for campaigns.
Who we are looking for
You see the big picture and love to sweat the small stuff. This is a job that demands thoughtfulness but also being able to quickly identify what’s needed to solve a problem. And act on it. You need to be comfortable with speaking up, making decisions, following through, and following up but also love working on a team. Everyone in the team are player-coaches and you need to be too.
· You have 10+ years advertising/design agency or brand side experience
· Great knowledge of design, animation, and music
· Impeccable taste and high standards
· Work effortlessly across the entire Adobe Creative Suite — most importantly After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and Photoshop
· Documented experience in creating advertising across different media; digital, online video, print, OOH, DOOH etc.
· Experience in ideating film and photography concepts and managing external partners for production
· Great problem-solving skills
· The ability to work with little oversight and take own initiatives
· True attention to detail, craftsmanship, and care in everything you do
· You have great organizational skills
· Great communicative skills and comfortable with presenting work
· A team player and networker
· Work experience from markets outside Sweden is highly valued
Please note, that only applications with an online portfolio or reel will be considered for this role.
What we offer
We offer many experiences and benefits to our employees, and there is nuance to every individual’s career experience, but the elements that define the core of our offering are:
· Friendly and welcoming culture
· Attractive compensation and benefits
· Access to SEB staff banking with exclusive benefits
· Long-term stability
· Challenging, cutting-edge work
Learn more about working at SEB www.sebgroup.com/career
It is our fundamental belief that inclusion and diversity is crucial for our future success. We strive to have an inclusive, value-driven culture where employees feel valued, respected and involved irrespective of who they are, what they believe or where they come from.