Senior Java developer in Technology Trading Calypso Team
Data & IT /
SEB Global services
Calypso is a large-scale software product for the capital markets supporting trading, risk management, and processing of various financial products. The team you will work in is responsible for the maintenance, user support and development of Calypso system. Our stakeholders and system users are located in Riga, Stockholm and other international SEB sites.
What you will be doing
You will be a part of Calypso IT development team. The role includes frequent contacts with business analysis, testing, delivery projects and other internal stakeholders. You will work in Agile SCRUM team to create quality code and ensure system stability. Cross collaboration and interaction within the team with focus on accuracy and timely delivery are essence of our daily work.
You will be responsible for:
· Develop and maintain high quality IT solutions (includes e.g. requirements review, analysis & design, coding and unit testing, system performance monitoring)
· Taking responsibility for value deliveries across SEB in the daily work
· Collaboration and support to the stakeholders in order to understand customers wants, needs and expectations
· Active participation in planning & follow up in order to secure expected deliveries (quality, time, costs etc.)
· Measuring, evaluating and seeking options for improvements both regarding technical solutions, value deliveries and Ways of Working
· Taking responsibility for own competence development and promoting latest development tools and methods
Who we are looking for someone:
· Technically curious and motivated by issue resolution
· Advanced in coding, unit test, database structure and compilation tools and methods
· Experience with version and quality control, static code analysis, as well automatic task scheduling tools and methods
· Knowledgeable in cloud solutions and automated deployment processes
· Interested in financial and capital markets products
Skills and Qualifications
· At least five years of experience working with enterprise level JAVA based system maintenance and development
· High professional level knowledge of JAVA8, Oracle 12c, jUnit, Mockito, Gradle
· Knowledge of Artifactory, Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Checkstyle, JBoss, Linux and Cloud technologies will be considered as advantage
· Knowledge of Agile principles and practical experience from Agile way of working
· Experience in working with JIRA or similar development management tools
To perform work responsibilities in this role, a valid digital covid-19 certificate is required
What we offer
We offer many experiences and benefits to our employees, and there is nuance to every individual’s career experience, but the elements that define the core of our offering are:
· Entrepreneurial Scandinavian environment
· Extensive training and learning opportunities
· Work-life balance
· Friendly and welcoming culture
· Long-term stability
· Agile and modern ways of working
Learn more about working at SEB SEB Global Services
It is our fundamental belief that inclusion and diversity is crucial for our future success. We strive to have an inclusive, value-driven culture where employees feel valued, respected and involved irrespective of who they are, what they believe or where they come from.
Monthly salary starting from 3500 EUR (before tax deduction). The offer for final candidate* will depend on experience and competences of the candidate for the required job.
* Candidate must meet the requirements of Article 34.5 of the Credit Institution Law
Ready to join?
We are looking forward to your application by 30th November 2021. Please apply by sending your CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org with note “Senior JAVA” and we will contact you promptly.
SEB AB Riga Branch partner for recruitment: “Personāla attīstības risinājumi”, Dzintra Zālīte - +371 29484646. Reg.No.50003979901, 64-5 Kr.Barona street, Riga, LV-1011. Work placement service license: Nr. 1/2014.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
SEB is one of the largest Tech employers in the Nordics. We are international, business savvy techies that contribute to or are responsible for SEB’s banking software, ensuring that both internal and external products and services are delivered fast and efficiently, that access is always on, and that solutions are trusted and compliant. We work hard to future-proof SEB with world class digital architecture and the deployment of new technologies.
Read more: https://sebgroup.com/