Graduate Trainee Accountant
Raylo is a fast-growing fintech on a mission to change how people access and enjoy their tech. Starting in the multibillion-pound smartphone market, our innovative leasing technology delivers a win-win for our customers and the planet. Great experience, lower prices, and significant carbon savings. We call it Seamless Circularity.
We're #1 rated in our category by Trustpilot, and excited about a future world where fewer tech items are manufactured, and those that are, get an extended life through a managed cycle of refurb, reuse, and recycle - Read more on our Series A funding at this Tech Crunch article.
Raylo launched in 2019 with an experienced team across technology, risk, analytics, and operations. We're backed by leading global venture investors and entrepreneurs. We’re currently 35 people and we’ll be 60 by the end of year.
We’re building a diverse team who embrace innovation, strive for excellence, and are motivated to deliver a smarter experience in a dynamic, start-up environment. Our culture is built on five core values which are the basis for how we behave, collaborate, and make decisions. We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute and are a deeply curious and gritty bunch.
We are looking for a high-performing graduate or final year student, on track to graduate in 2022, to join our Finance team based in Belfast.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you’ll be working in a cross-functional team with innovative people who are passionate about our mission and product. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate to start their career in Finance. You will be given great exposure to the finance function of a high growth start-up, supporting financial reporting, commercial financial analysis and the day-to-day financial operations.
Following the successful completion of a probationary period, you will be given the opportunity to qualify as an accountant under ACA / ACCA / CIMA.
What you'll be doing:
- Management of bank reconciliations, invoice processing and ensuring costs are correctly managed and reported in each period
- Delivery of ad-hoc reporting requests, detailed account analysis and other duties as needed to support the monthly and year end close process
- Assistance in the preparation of UK statutory accounts for the statutory audit and be one of the contacts for requests between the audit firm and the accounting team, as well as review support for audit
- Assistance in the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Review and preparation of reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and design and implement best in practice procedures for balance sheet support
- Assist in managing the Accounts Payable process, ensuring target payable days outstanding are achieved and maximising working capital
What we're looking for:
- A qualification at degree level in finance, accounting, business and/ or similar numerical discipline, at a minimum of 2:1 grade (or on track to graduate in July 2022)
- A driven, ambitious individual who’s eager to start their career in Finance at an exciting, fast-growing company
- Excellent communication skills with a personable approach
- Someone who is extremely organised and adaptable with great attention to detail
- A pro-active ‘do-er’, who is curious to ask questions along the way – we love it when people get stuck in, but we love it even more when they let us know when they aren’t sure
- A problem solver with a focus on innovative thinking and the ability to contribute to fresh approaches to deliver the best service for our customer
- A team player who understands the importance of learning from others and building on ideas to improve processes
We’re not looking for you to meet every single point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you’ve got what it takes! We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
What you'll get in return...
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, super ambitious startup with highly motivated individuals
- Competitive salary
- Company share options
- Hybrid working environment (post pandemic) - Flexible WFH arrangements
- Opportunity to attend industry events and conferences
- 33 days total annual leave (including public holidays)
- Perkbox - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial, and mental wellbeing
- Latest tech - Laptop of choice and a Raylo Refurbished phone
- Career progression opportunities and management training course
- A fun and inspiring work environment featuring regular socials
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.