Analytics & Data Science /
Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take big risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
What to expect
Data sits at the heart of Raylo; we want all our teams to have access to meaningful data to allow them to improve both the customer experience, and to be more efficient in their day to day operations. We’ve recently implemented Looker, and dbt, to build a solid data analysis platform, and we’re now looking to take things to the next level.
We’re looking for Data Scientists to join our team. It’s a varied role, you’ll work with Data Engineers on our data warehouse design, provide business users with data so they can ensure Raylo operates efficiently, and find ways to allow us to accept more customers. To do this, you’ll need to build dashboards, identify and interpret trends or patterns within complex data sets and use machine learning models.
We've invested in best in class data infrastructure so you can focus on what matters most - You'll be hands on working with Stitch, Google BigQuery, dbt, Looker, Amplitude, Segment, but you'll have the freedom to implement new tools and processes if it's right for what you need to achieve.
You'll be great at
- Using machine learning techniques (k-nearest neighbours, logistic regression, decision trees, and neural networks) in Python
- Using data mining techniques to extract information from semi-structured data e.g from open banking transaction statements
- Using SQL to analyse and manipulate data. You’ll be able to use this to tell a story using data visualisation tools such as Looker, PowerBI, or Tableau, and have experience with product analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel
- Spotting trends and patterns, and work with stakeholders across the business to improve operational efficiencies, and enhance the customer experience
- Explaining and presenting analysis and data science concepts to a broad technical and non-technical audience
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Investments, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in your company’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.