Graduate Operations Specialist
Raylo is a fast-growing fintech on a mission to change how people access and enjoy their tech. Starting in the multibillion-pound smartphone market, our innovative leasing technology delivers a win-win for our customers and the planet. Great experience, lower prices, and significant carbon savings. We call it Seamless Circularity.
We're #1 rated in our category by Trustpilot, and excited about a future world where fewer tech items are manufactured, and those that are, get an extended life through a managed cycle of refurb, reuse, and recycle - Read more on our Series A funding at this Tech Crunch article.
Raylo launched in 2019 with an experienced team across technology, risk, analytics, and operations. We're backed by leading global venture investors and entrepreneurs. We’re currently 35 people and we’ll be 60 by the end of year.
We’re building a diverse team who embrace innovation, strive for excellence, and are motivated to deliver a smarter experience in a dynamic, start-up environment. Our culture is built on five core values which are the basis for how we behave, collaborate, and make decisions. We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute and are a deeply curious and gritty bunch.
As a specialist in our Graduate Programme, you will join an innovative and dynamic business with impressive growth plans. Our Graduate Programme is tailored to attract the strongest talent in the market and successful applicants will be involved in the full operations lifecycle, from Customer Onboarding, Customer Success to Fulfilment and Logistics. This Programme will provide an excellent opportunity for successful applicants to develop their careers and gain invaluable industry experience.
This is a unique development opportunity for high-performing recent graduates or ambitious professionals with c 1-2 years’ experience in a dynamic business environment.
You will be the first point of contact for new and existing customers. As such, applicants must be motivated, proactive problem solvers focused on attention to detail and delivering an awesome experience to our customers.
Finally, you’ll be looking at each of the processes you perform daily as a whole and use your experience to see how these could be improved, while operating in line with Raylo Policies and FCA requirements.
What You'll Do...
- Acting as the first line support for new and existing customers, effectively communicating through various channels
- Identifying customers who are in difficult situations (including vulnerable customers) and effectively dealing with them in an empathetic way to find the right solution
- Reviewing referred applications in line with defined policy rules to identify possible fraudulent cases
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to support management of fulfilment, delivery and reverse logistics processes
- Assisting in developing, improving and implementing key operational processes
What We're Looking For...
- A driven, ambitious individual who’s eager to build their career at an exciting, fast-growing company
- Excellent communication skills with a personable approach
- Someone who is extremely organised and adaptable with great attention to detail
- A pro-active, ‘do-er’, who is curious to ask questions along the way – we love it when people get stuck in, but we love it even more when they let us know when they aren’t sure
- A problem solver with a focus on innovative thinking and the ability to contribute to fresh approaches to deliver the best service for our customer
- A team player who understands the importance of learning from others and building on ideas to achieve common goals
- Someone who loves working in a hands-on, face-paced environment where everybody is passionate about delivering a smarter customer experience.
We’re not looking for you to meet every single point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you’ve got what it takes! We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
What you'll get in return...
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, super ambitious startup with highly motivated individuals
- Competitive salary
- Company share options
- Hybrid working environment (post pandemic) - Flexible WFH arrangements
- Opportunity to attend industry events and conferences
- 33 days total annual leave (including public holidays)
- Perkbox - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial, and mental wellbeing
- Latest tech - Laptop of choice and a Raylo Refurbished phone
- Career progression opportunities and management training course
- A fun and inspiring work environment featuring regular socials
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.