People & Talent /
Raylo is a fast-growing fintech on a mission to change how people access and enjoy their tech. Starting in the multibillion-pound smartphone market, our innovative leasing technology delivers a win-win for our customers and the planet. Great experience, lower prices, and significant carbon savings. We call it Seamless Circularity.
We're #1 rated in our category by Trustpilot, and excited about a future world where fewer tech items are manufactured, and those that are, get an extended life through a managed cycle of refurb, reuse, and recycle - Read more on our Series A funding at this Tech Crunch article.
Raylo launched in 2019 with an experienced team across technology, risk, analytics, and operations. We're backed by leading global venture investors and entrepreneurs. We’re currently 35 people and we’ll be 60 by the end of year.
We’re building a diverse team who embrace innovation, strive for excellence, and are motivated to deliver a smarter experience in a dynamic, start-up environment. Our culture is built on five core values which are the basis for how we behave, collaborate, and make decisions. We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute and are a deeply curious and gritty bunch.
At Raylo, people are at the heart of everything we do. As we continue to scale rapidly and hit the 100 employees milestone in the next 12 months, the challenges to retain, develop and reward our talent in a meaningful way become ever more important. Our founders’ ambition is to make Raylo one of the best places to work and we need an experienced people partner to help us achieve this goal.
1. We have a great culture and everyone is passionate about Raylo’s mission to change how people access and enjoy their tech. This is reflected in our low turnover rate (less than 10%) and you will play a key role in ensuring our employees continue to love working at Raylo.
2. We have just revamped our onboarding process to guarantee that everyone enjoys their time at Raylo from day 1. You will be responsible for ensuring that 100% of our new joiners have the tools, know-how and support to be set up for success in their new role and design an appropriate process to measure onboarding feedback.
3. We understand the importance of investing in our incredibly talented people to create high performing teams. You will be tasked with designing and rolling out at least one new learning & development initiative in your first 6 months in the business.
4. We believe in a world where everyone can succeed, regardless of their background. In the next 12 months we will be focusing on women empowerment and you will be working with our Talent Acquisition team to build a strategy for gender parity across our newly formed teams.
5. We want to provide the best employee experience to create a happy and high performing Raylo. You will be rolling out new employee engagement initiatives to ensure a high eNPS score.
What you'll do:
- Champion the company culture and be an advocate for our values, making sure they are embedded into the way we behave as a business
- Bring your knowledge and experience in employee development to support our People Operations Managers in planning and implementing important learning and development initiatives
- Be a trusted advisor to Managers across our growing teams, making sure they are supported to help design the employee experience so that people feel trusted, supported and nurtured
- Work closely with our Talent Team to organise and support the onboarding process by measuring new joiner feedback and making sure everyone is set up for success
- Take ownership of our people and operations processes and tools, ensure everything is up to date and we are compliant with relevant employment law
- Support in multiple People Strategy projects including, but not limited to, establishing our performance and professional development review cycle and building an amazing benefit plan for all our employees
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of relevant HR experience across a number of areas, e.g. policy and compliance, compensation, feedback and performance, employee development
- You’ll have a great track record of building employee development initiatives
- You enjoy launching and scaling creative, well-received People initiatives
- You have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- You take full ownership of your work, and have a high level of initiative underpinned by a positive, can-do attitude, bringing lots of energy to the role
- You will be handling confidential information, so it goes without saying that you will be conscientious and have a high degree of tact, personal integrity and confidentiality
- You have a passion for increasing diversity & representation in Tech. You have cultural awareness, sensitivity, and knowledge of principles, methods, and tools to create inclusive workspaces.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a start-up environment with a fast-paced, changing work environment
We’re not looking for you to meet every single point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you’ve got what it takes! We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
What you'll get in return...
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, super ambitious startup with highly motivated individuals
- Competitive salary
- Company share options
- Hybrid working environment (post pandemic) - Flexible WFH arrangements
- Opportunity to attend industry events and conferences
- 33 days total annual leave (including public holidays)
- Perkbox - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial, and mental wellbeing
- Latest tech - Laptop of choice and a Raylo Refurbished phone
- Career progression opportunities and management training course
- A fun and inspiring work environment featuring regular socials
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.