Senior Data Engineer
Raylo is a fast-growing fintech on a mission to change how people access and enjoy their tech. Starting in the multibillion-pound smartphone market, our innovative leasing technology delivers a win-win for our customers and the planet. Great experience, lower prices, and significant carbon savings. We call it Seamless Circularity.
We're #1 rated in our category by Trustpilot, and excited about a future world where fewer tech items are manufactured, and those that are, get an extended life through a managed cycle of refurb, reuse, and recycle - Read more on our Series A funding at this Tech Crunch article.
Raylo launched in 2019 with an experienced team across technology, risk, analytics, and operations. We're backed by leading global venture investors and entrepreneurs. We’re currently 35 people and we’ll be 60 by the end of year.
We’re building a diverse team who embrace innovation, strive for excellence, and are motivated to deliver a smarter experience in a dynamic, start-up environment. Our culture is built on five core values which are the basis for how we behave, collaborate, and make decisions. We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute and are a deeply curious and gritty bunch.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team based in London.
You’ll be working in a cross-functional team with smart people who are passionate about our mission and product. You will help develop major features and new products in our roadmap. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in the early stages, build amazing products with a high degree of influence, and change an industry.
As our first full time Data Engineer you’ll have the opportunity to shape the development of our Data Platform and the technologies we use.
What You'll Do...
- You will own the on-going technical delivery and improvement of our Data Platform. This is a great opportunity to build innovative products from scratch by using the latest cutting-edge data technology
- You will use various methods to transform raw data from multiple sources into useful data systems, improving data quality and its accessibility. You will develop and test architectures that enable data extraction and transformation for predictive modelling
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about turning raw data from different sources into high-quality datasets using the latest technologies
- As our first full-time Data Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the development of our Data Platform and the technologies we use
- Our current data platform is Google Big Query, Cloud Composer (Airflow) with tasks written in Python, Stitch Data
- You will have the freedom to identify and apply the correct tools to tackle the data needs of Raylo
What We're Looking For...
- Extensive experience implementing data lakes and data pipelines in the cloud
- Extensive experience with Python (or other Object-Oriented Language) and SQL.
- Experience in supporting data scientists in conducting large-scale data projects
- Experience with ETL, ELT (ideally using BigQuery)
- Database creation and maintenance
- Diligence and commitment to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, favour working on usable MVPs, and using real customer feedback to continuously iterate and improve our technology solutions
- Passionate about changing the way in which people get technology, creating a win-win for customers and the planet
We’re not looking for you to meet every single point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you’ve got what it takes! We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
What you'll get in return...
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, super ambitious startup with highly motivated individuals
- Competitive salary
- Company share options
- Hybrid working environment (post pandemic) - Flexible WFH arrangements
- Opportunity to attend industry events and conferences
- 33 days total annual leave (including public holidays)
- Perkbox - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial, and mental wellbeing
- Latest tech - Laptop of choice and a Raylo Refurbished phone
- Career progression opportunities and management training course
- A fun and inspiring work environment featuring regular socials
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.