Head of Content
Raylo is a fast-growing fintech on a mission to change how people access and enjoy their tech. Starting in the multibillion-pound smartphone market, our innovative leasing technology delivers a win-win for our customers and the planet. Great experience, lower prices, and significant carbon savings. We call it Seamless Circularity.
We're #1 rated in our category by Trustpilot, and excited about a future world where fewer tech items are manufactured, and those that are, get an extended life through a managed cycle of refurb, reuse, and recycle - Read more on our Series A funding at this Tech Crunch article.
Raylo launched in 2019 with an experienced team across technology, risk, analytics, and operations. We're backed by leading global venture investors and entrepreneurs. We’re currently 35 people and we’ll be 60 by the end of year.
We’re building a diverse team who embrace innovation, strive for excellence, and are motivated to deliver a smarter experience in a dynamic, start-up environment. Our culture is built on five core values which are the basis for how we behave, collaborate, and make decisions. We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute and are a deeply curious and gritty bunch.
We’re here to change an entire market, it’s an ambitious mission and we’re dead serious about it. Raylo is fundamentally different. We have built our customer base so far using mainly paid digital channels and we’ve learned a ton along the way. This is the right stage in our journey to evolve how we reach customers – by joining conversations relevant to Raylo and telling our story in a way people want to hear. That’s what this role is all about.
You’ll work with the Marketing Director to create a strategy for content and organic social. How can we bring the mission to life? How can we tell the story? Should we focus on onsite blogging, PR or social media, or all three? Should we use Instagram or TikTok, or both? Should we partner with other brands or influencers? Should we dial up sustainability? How can we do that in a way that isn’t dull? Maybe we should launch an online magazine? The strategy should make all of this clear. You’ll also work hands on to execute the strategy, with support when necessary and sensible.
What You’ll Do...
- Work with the Marketing Director to grow the Raylo customer base via content across organic social, blogs and PR.
- Work independently and with our designer and copywriters to create great multimedia content
- Bring to life the ambitious Raylo mission through relevant and on-trend content – we are all about an all-new and more sustainable way for people to get great tech
- Demonstrate a creative and engaging approach to how we execute campaigns
- Keep up to date with news and trends related to our mission and our channelsWork with the wider marketing team to run campaigns integrated with brand and PR initiatives
What We’re Looking For...
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proven experience growing social media accounts through on-trend, relevant and engaging content
- Brilliant communication and writing skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work with an on brand tone and visual identity
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work collaboratively
- Strong research skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
We’re not looking for you to meet every single point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you’ve got what it takes! We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
What you'll get in return...
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, super ambitious startup with highly motivated individuals
- Competitive salary
- Company share options
- Hybrid working environment (post pandemic) - Flexible WFH arrangements
- Opportunity to attend industry events and conferences
- 33 days total annual leave (including public holidays)
- Perkbox - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial, and mental wellbeing
- Latest tech - Laptop of choice and a Raylo Refurbished phone
- Career progression opportunities and management training course
- A fun and inspiring work environment featuring regular socials
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.