Risk Strategy Manager
Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take big risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
What to Expect
Risk strategy is at the heart of Raylo. We’ve built industry leading risk technology, data and processes that have enabled us to grow fast but sustainably. It’s a strong foundation and we’re now looking for an ambitious analyst to drive our growth in the UK and beyond through the development of world class credit and fraud strategies.
You will report to the Head of Risk Strategy as one of the earliest hires into the risk strategy team. As a Risk Strategy Analyst, you’ll use your technical and quantitative skills to drive change across the business. Your will help us make smart, data driven decisions that sustainably grow Raylo, while maximising opportunities to acquire customers and commercial partners, and launch new products.
In 2022, we are entering a hyper growth phase at Raylo and risk strategy will sit at the core of that. You’ll work with the co-founders, finance, operations, marketing and product /engineering as your ideas help fuel our growth in the UK and internationally. You’ll be responsible for creating new, innovative risk strategies and then monitoring, optimising and refining them as we build a world class risk strategy platform.
You’ll be great at..
- Using your SQL skills to get into the detail of our credit and fraud strategies, while understanding their broader, strategic implications for Raylo. Bonus points if you’ve got experience with Python or R.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced environment both within Risk Strategy and within a cross functional team with diverse skill-sets and personality types. You love using your analytical skills to champion data driven decision making, educate others and drive growth for the business.
- Taking full responsibility for the end-to-end completion of projects. You’ll build the business case, own the implementation and monitor the outcome for multiple projects across your area of focus.
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Investments, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in your company’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.