Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take big risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
What to Expect
As the first point of contact to our new and existing customers, the Operations team are key to ensuring we offer quick updates, resolutions to issues, and assist customers in the best possible way. The result - we’ve held a 4.7 rating on Trustpilot and are the number one choice for consumer tech. We have four key areas that span the full ops life-cycle at Raylo; Customer Success, Collections, Credit Risk and Fulfilment & Logistics.
We’re looking for proactive Operations Associates to become experts within one of the four areas. You will join a team that has encouraged great customer care, through continuous improvement of the tools we use and the processes we put in place. You will be motivated, a keen problem solver and always maintain attention to detail whilst delivering an awesome customer experience. You’ll be looking at each of the processes you perform daily as a whole and use your experience to see how these could be improved, using data in everything you do.
Once established within your function, you will continue to grow your skill-base. You will be key in developing, improving and implementing key operational processes. You will also work with internal and external stakeholders to uncover challenges and work together on solutions. In the longer term your role may grow to increase role responsibilities and ownership.
You’ll be great at..
- Being data-driven and proactive by using the knowledge gained from industry to guide your decisions. You will be curious and always keen to problem-solve and discover new ways of working.
- Setting priorities; being organised and adaptable with great attention to detail. You are an excellent communicator and hold a strong level of empathy.
- Working in a team setting and understanding the importance of learning from others. You also love working in a hands-on, fast-paced environment where everybody is passionate about delivering a smarter customer experience.
- Learning and developing your skills. We use SQL, Looker, and LEAN principles, within an FCA regulated environment. So any experience in these from previous would be great, but we'll invest the time to teach you these if not.
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Investments, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in your company’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.