Senior Fraud Operations Manager
Raylo is a fast-growing fintech on a mission to change how people access and enjoy their tech. Starting in the multibillion-pound smartphone market, our innovative leasing technology delivers a win-win for our customers and the planet. Great experience, lower prices, and significant carbon savings. We call it Seamless Circularity.
We're #1 rated in our category by Trustpilot, and excited about a future world where fewer tech items are manufactured, and those that are, get an extended life through a managed cycle of refurb, reuse, and recycle - Read more on our Series A funding at this Tech Crunch article.
Raylo launched in 2019 with an experienced team across technology, risk, analytics, and operations. We're backed by leading global venture investors and entrepreneurs. We’re currently 35 people and we’ll be 60 by the end of year.
We’re building a diverse team who embrace innovation, strive for excellence, and are motivated to deliver a smarter experience in a dynamic, start-up environment. Our culture is built on five core values which are the basis for how we behave, collaborate, and make decisions. We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute and are a deeply curious and gritty bunch.
We’re seeking an ambitious senior manager to lead our Fraud Operations team in Belfast. You will be responsible for driving fraud operations and delivering insights that inform our fraud risk strategy. You’ll report to the VP of Operations and be responsible for growing and developing the Fraud Operations team.
This role requires sound judgement and the ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment. Our fraud strategy is built on great tech and data, but also relies on operational excellence to deliver a smooth customer onboarding experience while protecting Raylo and our customers.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading a team of high-performing specialists in a fast-paced environment, including performance management, coaching, developing and driving the vision for the team
- Guiding and monitoring the performance data required to manage the team and drive operational efficiencies
- Executing and continuously improving our fraud strategy in partnership with the Risk Strategy team
- We’re a FCA authorised consumer credit business, so you’ll be responsible for ensuring Fraud Operations meets our regulatory obligations
- You’ll be the subject matter expert on fraud risk within the Operations team
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years operational experience in fraud or credit risk, preferably within a high growth company
- Bachelor's Degree (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics or related field)
- Experience of leading high-performing teams
- The ability to focus on the detail but not lose sight of the big picture
- The confidence to help drive strategy with senior business leaders
- You’re naturally curious and a creative thinker who is happy to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Someone who loves working in a fast-paced environment where everybody is passionate about delivering a great customer experience
- You’re driven by the opportunity to build a big business that’s creating a win-win for customers and the planet
Nice to haves:
- Strong skills in SQL, CRM, and data analysis tools
We’re not looking for you to meet every single point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you’ve got what it takes! We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
What you'll get in return...
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, super ambitious startup with highly motivated individuals
- Competitive salary
- Company share options
- Hybrid working environment (post pandemic) - Flexible WFH arrangements
- Opportunity to attend industry events and conferences
- 33 days total annual leave (including public holidays)
- Perkbox - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial, and mental wellbeing
- Latest tech - Laptop of choice and a Raylo Refurbished phone
- Career progression opportunities and management training course
- A fun and inspiring work environment featuring regular socials
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.