Head of Sales & Partnerships
Raylo is a fast-growing fintech on a mission to change how people access and enjoy their tech. Starting in the multibillion-pound smartphone market, our innovative leasing technology delivers a win-win for our customers and the planet. Great experience, lower prices, and significant carbon savings. We call it Seamless Circularity.
We're #1 rated in our category by Trustpilot, and excited about a future world where fewer tech items are manufactured, and those that are, get an extended life through a managed cycle of refurb, reuse, and recycle - Read more on our Series A funding at this Tech Crunch article.
Raylo launched in 2019 with an experienced team across technology, risk, analytics, and operations. We're backed by leading global venture investors and entrepreneurs. We’re currently 35 people and we’ll be 60 by the end of year.
We’re building a diverse team who embrace innovation, strive for excellence, and are motivated to deliver a smarter experience in a dynamic, start-up environment. Our culture is built on five core values which are the basis for how we behave, collaborate, and make decisions. We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute and are a deeply curious and gritty bunch.
We’re looking for a Head of Sales & Partnerships to launch Raylo Pay - our retail payment proposition. We’ve proven product market fit with our direct-to consumer leasing proposition and now want to allow merchants to offer leasing at their checkout with Raylo Pay. Raylo is going to be big and this is a golden opportunity to join us early in our journey.
You’ll report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and be our first dedicated Sales hire. You’ll get to help shape the sales processes and culture that ensure our success.
As the role is new, the successful candidate will work closely with the CCO to define appropriate targets which deliver Raylo Pay’s commercial targets. The role will be to identify, convert and develop new partnership opportunities which increase impact and reach whilst delivering the best financial results for the company.
You’ll be working in a cross-functional team with smart people who are passionate about our mission and product. We’ve got great tech which allows us to move fast and create an awesome customer experience.
What you'll do:
- Manage our client pipeline and land contracts with UK flagship partners
- Become an expert in the needs of our customers, developing & refining compelling value propositions and enhancing our go-to-market strategy
- Develop a strategy and business plan which delivers substantial growth
- Negotiate and close long-term partnerships and contracts which benefit Raylo
- Produce the right content and collateral necessary to progress client discussions through the sales pipeline journey
- Build strong customer relationships with senior audiences
- Own the core commercial components – from forecasting & business planning to pricing & client business cases to closing contract negotiations
- You’ll know the risks and challenges and how to navigate them
- Work in a small cross functional team to achieve the shared goal of growing Retail Partnerships
- Prioritise, prioritise, prioritise. Make decisions quickly without necessarily consensus, but bring others on the journey
- Plug the gaps. We’re a start-up and there isn’t always a person to do what you need
- You’ll need to be comfortable doing it yourself
- Work closely with the senior team on our Raylo Pay strategy
What we're looking for:
- Passionate about changing the way in which people get technology, creating a win-win for customers and the planet
- At least 10 years’ PoS sales experience in financial services, ideally BNPL – with strengths in B2B2C business development & sales strategy
- Excellent communication & presentation skills – supporting engagement with senior stakeholders from large merchants
- Good understanding of the Consumer Tech sector is an advantage
- Ability to focus on what’s most important and good at saying ‘no’
- You’ll be entrepreneurial: capable of thinking strategically, getting your hands dirty and comfortable with ambiguity
- You’re naturally curious (or a bit nosy), you like to ask questions and understand how things work
- Strong analytical skills and a data driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a high-performing team
- Ability to deeply understand our customers and create a fantastic customer proposition
We’re not looking for you to meet every single point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you’ve got what it takes! We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
What you'll get in return...
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, super ambitious startup with highly motivated individuals
- Competitive salary
- Company share options
- Hybrid working environment (post pandemic) - Flexible WFH arrangements
- Opportunity to attend industry events and conferences
- 33 days total annual leave (including public holidays)
- Perkbox - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial, and mental wellbeing
- Latest tech - Laptop of choice and a Raylo Refurbished phone
- Career progression opportunities and management training course
- A fun and inspiring work environment featuring regular socials
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.