Director, Sales & Partnerships - Raylo Pay
Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take big risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
We’re looking for a Sales & Partnerships Director to launch Raylo Pay - our retail payment proposition. We’ve proven product market fit with our direct-to consumer leasing proposition and now want to allow merchants to offer leasing at their checkout with Raylo Pay. Raylo is going to be big and this is a golden opportunity to join us early in our journey.
You’ll report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and be our first dedicated Sales hire. You’ll get to help shape the sales processes and culture that ensure our success.
As the role is new, the successful candidate will work closely with the CCO to define appropriate targets which deliver Raylo Pay’s commercial targets. The role will be to identify, convert and develop new partnership opportunities which increase impact and reach whilst delivering the best financial results for the company.
You’ll be working in a cross-functional team with smart people who are passionate about our mission and product. We’ve got great tech which allows us to move fast and create an awesome customer experience.
What you'll do:
- Manage our client pipeline and land contracts with UK flagship partners
- Become an expert in the needs of our customers, developing & refining compelling value propositions and enhancing our go-to-market strategy
- Develop a strategy and business plan which delivers substantial growth
- Negotiate and close long-term partnerships and contracts which benefit Raylo
- Produce the right content and collateral necessary to progress client discussions through the sales pipeline journey
- Build strong customer relationships with senior audiences
- Own the core commercial components – from forecasting & business planning to pricing & client business cases to closing contract negotiations
- You’ll know the risks and challenges and how to navigate them
- Work in a small cross functional team to achieve the shared goal of growing Retail Partnerships
- Prioritise, prioritise, prioritise. Make decisions quickly without necessarily consensus, but bring others on the journey
- Plug the gaps. We’re a start-up and there isn’t always a person to do what you need
- You’ll need to be comfortable doing it yourself
- Work closely with the senior team on our Raylo Pay strategy
What we're looking for:
- Passionate about changing the way in which people get technology, creating a win-win for customers and the planet
- At least 10 years’ PoS sales experience in financial services, ideally BNPL – with strengths in B2B2C business development & sales strategy
- Excellent communication & presentation skills – supporting engagement with senior stakeholders from large merchants
- Good understanding of the Consumer Tech sector is an advantage
- Ability to focus on what’s most important and good at saying ‘no’
- You’ll be entrepreneurial: capable of thinking strategically, getting your hands dirty and comfortable with ambiguity
- You’re naturally curious (or a bit nosy), you like to ask questions and understand how things work
- Strong analytical skills and a data driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a high-performing team
- Ability to deeply understand our customers and create a fantastic customer proposition
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Investments, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in your company’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.