Quantum Computer Operator
Science & Technology – Quantum Computing Hardware /
Our Japan business is growing to offer full spectrum of Quantinuum solutions to Japan market. To support our growth we are seeking a Quantum Computer Operator join our team.
Quantinuum is the world’s leading integrated quantum computing company, formed in late 2021 by the combination of two leaders in the global ecosystem for quantum computing: Honeywell Quantum Solutions and Cambridge Quantum. Quantinuum’s mission is to accelerate the development of quantum computing and innovation of quantum technologies to deliver real-world quantum-enabled solutions for some of the most intractable problems that classical computers have not been able to solve.
- Remotely operate and maintain commercial quantum computers located in the United States.
- Work with the development team in the United States to develop, test, and deploy improvements to the quantum computer.
- Provide technical support to customers in partnership with Offering team and Sales.
- Using defined operation protocol, independently operate and solve issues related to computing.
- Provide technical insight to the U.S. team and keep yourself and users updated about the latest program/operation protocol.
- Fluent and able to have detailed scientific conversations in both Japanese and English
- Bachelors in Physics or engineering field related to Quantum Computing such as Optical, Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or Computer Engineering
- 2 years laboratory experience (degree inclusive) maintaining, troubleshooting, and operating complex scientific equipment
- Ability to travel overseas for training and business purpose
- Masters or Ph.D. in Physics or engineering field related to Quantum Computing such as Optical, Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or Computer Engineering
- Ability to analyze large sets of data to pull out correlations and trends on performance
- Willingness to expand knowledge and learn new skills
- Able to think critically, solve problems, and be a strong teammate with intelligent risk-taking skills
- Strong computer skills including ability to program in Python
- Experience in performing system audits to ensure intended system functionality, operation and performance requirements are achieved
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry.
We offer a highly competitive package, a positive approach to flexible working,
social insurance, commuting allowance, enhanced holidays and incentive schemes.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets. We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us!
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.