Research Software Engineer, Quantum Algorithms (Cambridge)
Science & Technology – Quantum Software & Algorithms /
We are recruiting a research software engineer to work in our rapidly-growing quantum algorithms team. In the role, you will design and implement innovative solutions that minimise classical and quantum resources for a variety of quantum algorithms including quantum topological data analysis. You will be working within a team of leading scientists, developers and engineers on projects ranging from transforming theoretical results into scientific code to assisting with the productisation of our more mature algorithms and implementing use-case specific solutions to problems posed by our external partners.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working on software within a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others.
- Strong in mathematics.
- A solid understanding of data-science principles.
- Experience with Python and the related tooling, and at least one other language.
- A Ph.D. in mathematics, theoretical computer science, or theoretical physics is preferred but candidates with a masters degree and very strong academic results and additional relevant experience will be considered.
- Comfortable using cloud technologies.
- Experience with parallel / GPU computing.
- Interest in (and preferably some experience of) the functional programming paradigm.
- Knowledge of quantum algorithms, in particular quantum topological data analysis.
- Familiarity with version control systems and project management tools.
- Experience with quantum software (such as Pytket, Qiskit, Pennylane etc).
- A demonstrated track-record of scientific publication.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, equity, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension, a positive approach to flexible working and enhanced parental and adoption benefits.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets. We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us!
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.