Research Scientist, Quantum Chemistry
Science & Technology – Quantum Chemistry /
You will develop your activities in three different areas. You’ll be involved in applied research projects based on the modelling of molecular and solid state systems for industrial applications in a wide variety of areas such as drug research, catalyst design or advanced materials, among others. You will also contribute to the implementation of testing of new algorithms for InQuanto, our quantum chemistry on quantum computers platform. Finally, you’ll be performing research and development of algorithms for quantum chemistry and material science, developing new algorithms to perform calculations of the electronic structure and derived properties of molecular and solid state systems on quantum computers. You'll team with our researchers in quantum algorithms for computational chemistry and our software engineers in order to assess the capabilities of the quantum chemistry software solutions.
- Developing and delivering projects related to the modelling of molecules and materials of industrial interest by applying quantum algorithms developed at Quantinuum, assessing their performance and investigating improvements
- Collaborating with researchers and software engineers in the chemistry team to implement new algorithms and software solutions
- Researching new algorithms for quantum chemistry on quantum computers
- Keeping up to date with the literature of the field
- Producing analysis and reports
- Attending conferences and meetings with scientific customers and collaborators
- A strong research record in theoretical, computational or mathematical physics, chemistry, materials science or applied mathematics, and expertise in modelling either solid-state or molecular systems using electronic structure methods
- Good experience in scientific coding will be essential
- Knowledge of Python
- A Master's degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or a related discipline
- Knowledge of quantum computing and quantum algorithms for chemistry
- Experience in mathematical modelling and theory development
- A PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or a related discipline
- Experience with version control (git).
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, equity, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension, a positive approach to flexible working and enhanced parental and adoption benefits.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets. We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us!
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.