Compiler Engineer (Quantum Software)
Science & Technology – Quantum Software & Algorithms /
The company’s Cambridge-based quantum software team is seeking to hire a Compiler Engineer. This is a full-time position. You will be working on the design and implementation of our quantum software development platform. You will focus on the programming environment and runtime system but will contribute across our entire platform, including the Tket compiler. Ideally, you will have experience of working on and developing Quantum Software from a previous position or during your studies.
This position requires a background in Computer Science or Scientific Computation. The position involves software development primarily in C++ and Python. You will be collaborating with a small team, and will have input in the entire development process through research, design, programming and testing. You will have the freedom to think independently and creatively in the team and make a real impact.
- Knowledge of quantum computing, quantum algorithms, or quantum information
- Significant software development experience, preferably in C/C++
- Wide knowledge of programming languages and paradigms
- Experience of designing large software systems
- Comfortable and experienced working on software with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others
- Experience with collaboration tools (e.g. version control, bug tracking systems) and general programming tools (e.g. a debugger, profiler, software testing tools)
- A 2:1 degree or higher in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science, or Engineering
- Ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code
- Experience with formal methods and/or type theory in practice
- Familiarity with Python
- A Ph.D. In a closely matching subject
- Familiarity with LLVM/MLIR
- Familiarity with Rust programming
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, equity, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension, a positive approach to flexible working and enhanced parental and adoption benefits.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets. We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us!
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.