Program Manager (Quantum Computer)
Science & Technology – Quantum Computing Hardware /
Our Japan business is growing to offer the full spectrum of Quantinuum solutions to the Japan market. To support our growth, we are seeking an Program Manager to join Quantinuum's Offering Management team. The Program Manager will expand hardware business in Japan in close partnership with both internal and external parties. S/He will be accountable for our quantum computing hardware solution, offering, availability, and delivery. This role will liaise with the hardware development & operation teams in the U.S. to enable customers in Japan to fully utilize our world-class quantum computer for scientific research.
- Build a project plan to expand quantum computing access to Japan.
- Work with external partners/vendors with the goal to enable customers in Japan to fully utilize our quantum computer, including contract management, procurement, and support negotiation.
- Design the service, implementation, and training of local customers/users (primarily academics and specialist researchers).
- Work closely with operators and engineers to manage quantum computing capacity.
- Technical program management of the execution of technical projects related to the hardware users in Japan.
- Work closely with the U.S. offering team to periodically analyze, evaluate the usage & performance data of quantum computer.
- Conduct frequent touch-points with customer community in Japan to understand customer needs and be able to convert those customer needs into actionable execution plan.
- Write and curate technical papers to support the usage of quantum computer.
- Ph.D. degree in Physics or Applied Physics, Engineering, or field that relates to quantum computing.
- 8+ years of working experience in scientific/technical institution or corporate.
- Experience in selling complex solutions consisted of multiple product/service elements to research and academic institutions.
- Proven record in executing projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- A track record of successful collaboration with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to proactively define action plans to drive project to achieve goals.
- Fluency in both Japanese & English to conduct complex and technical business communication, both verbally and written.
- Ability to work flexibly to accommodate international meetings in different time zones.
- Ability to travel overseas for training and business purpose
- Prior experience with high performance computing
- Prior experience in business operations, such as financial reviews, project management reviews, tracking and reporting milestones, maintaining progress scorecards, writing and managing proposals, estimating cost, and conducting basic market reviews.
- Conducting voice-of-customer or customer feedback sessions and translating customer inputs into actionable plans.
- Able to independently direct work and solve issues
- Willing to take on flexible and unique assignments, as the job requires.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry.
We offer a highly competitive package, a positive approach to flexible working,
social insurance, commuting allowance, enhanced holidays and incentive schemes.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets. We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us!
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.