Cinematic Director (F/M/NB)
Paris, Ile de France
Animation – Réalisation /
ABOUT QUANTIC DREAM :
Quantic Dream is a video game development studio founded in 1997 by David Cage, based in Paris, France, and Montreal, Canada. The unique experiences offered by Heavy Rain™, Beyond: Two Souls™, and Detroit: Become Human™ have touched millions of players worldwide and won over 250 international awards. They have greatly contributed to the recognition of interactive storytelling in video games.
Since 2019, Quantic Dream has been a publisher supporting video game creation and independent creators with unique and original visions. The studio provides them with expertise, production resources, necessary funding, and access to international markets and audiences. In 2022, Quantic Dream embarked on a new phase of growth by joining NetEase Games, the game division of NetEase, to further develop its creative vision and accelerate the development of flagship titles that redefine the interactive experience for players worldwide.
For more information, please visit the official website: http://www.quanticdream.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Join the development of a AAA project as a Cinematic Director. Under the guidance of the Creative Director, you will create the cinematics for the project and oversee the elements that make up the game's cinematics.
YOUR MISSIONS :
- Creating cinematics by developing an original sense of cinematography in service of the narrative.
- Extending the vision of the Creative Director and supervising the entire production: conception, storytelling, editing, shooting, framing, composition.
- Ensuring an optimal level of quality for the final output.
- Facilitating effective communication and collaboration with other departments within the studio regarding cinematic-related matters.
YOUR SKILLS :
- Sensitivity and a cinematic sense: You have an artistic vision and high standards, while also being receptive to feedback and capable of working collaboratively to achieve a high level of quality.
- Hands-on with your productions, you have an eye for framing and editing, and you can both implement your vision and share it.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience as a director in 3D animation studios or video game studios (cinematics department).
- Comfortable with 3D CGI or Real-Time camera tools.
- Curiosity and a willingness to grow and commit for the long term in a stimulating environment working on original and ambitious games.
- Nice to have: Previous experience working with a game engine like Unreal Engine or equivalent.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
We offer you the opportunity to join seasoned and passionate teams and work on ambitious and innovative projects. If this position piques your interest and your profile matches, please submit your application to join our team!
Please include a portfolio/book showcasing your skills and style/sensitivity with your application.
Position based in Paris (France).
QUANTIC DREAM is committed to diversity and equal opportunities. Our team reflects this commitment.