Senior Level Designer
Montréal, Quebec /
Création – Design Jeu /
As part of its growth and for the development of Star Wars Eclipse™, QUANTIC DREAM MONTREAL is looking for a Senior Level Designer.
As Senior Level Designer, under the responsibility of the Associate Director Level Design, you'll design and create game level layouts and be responsible for the architecture and parts of specific scenes. You'll contribute to align the level designs to the game's vision and create environments that enhances its narrative elements.
- Work in collaboration with other disciplines (tech, art, animation etc.) to bring the highest quality of design, production, composition and all other aspects of the level in general.
- In collaboration with game designers, translates concepts into specific playable levels, including layout, gameplay, event scripting, balance and tuning of levels.
- Act as the owner of the level design elements of various scenes from the conception to the realisation.
- Be an active participant in discussions about elements of game design and their integration and variation over a level.
- Be responsible for the salient elements of the level design: Rhythm, Difficulty, Game space, Player trajectory, AI composition.
- Responsible for maintaining the functionality of assigned levels throughout production.
- Help push further the internal tools needed to build high-quality games
Experience & Qualification
- You specialize or have a good experience in creating a play space (layout).
- You are open and interested in getting involved in discussions that go beyond the base level design. (Ex: Art, Directing, Narration, Tech, Game design)
- Demonstrate initiative and autonomy;
- Have a strong interest in rich narrative experiences;
- You have great logical sense, analytical skills, and demonstrate rigor in order to be able to schematize the complexity of the design combined with a good capacity for situational adaptation;
- Dynamic, responsive, motivated and involved, you are passionate about video games and have a good video game culture;