Physics Gameplay Programmer
Montréal, Quebec /
R&D – Gameplay /
As part of the development of an online multiplayer project, and for its next very ambitious productions and publications, QUANTIC DREAM is increasing its R&D department. Under the responsibility of the Project Lead Programmer and within a human-sized team mobilized by challenges, collaboration and team spirit, you will contribute to the adaptation of our physics engine and collision system to the needs of the project.
As a Physics Gameplay Programmer, you will ensure the integration and support of dynamic collisions and detection functionalities in a network context. You will work in collaboration with the Game Designer and Engine Engineers to find technical solutions to meet the Gameplay needs.
- Offer technical advice and provide game designers with the means to achieve their vision and ambition;
- Work closely with the gameplay and network programmers to ensure proper functioning with other game components;
- Design, improve and test features that allow the game to achieve a simple and efficient physics simulation and detection system;
- Coordinate and communicate with the creative teams.
Experience & qualitifications
- Degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or equivalent degree;
- Between 2 and 5 years of experience in video game development, experience on a multiplayer title is a plus;
- A solid understanding of the laws of physics related to dynamics;
- Analytical, synthesis and optimization skills;
- A perfect mastery of C++;
- Rigor, initiative and are a force of proposal ;
- Good communicator and have good interpersonal skills in order to interact and collaborate with a variety of people.
ABOUT QUANTIC DREAM
Quantic Dream is a video game studio founded in 1997 by David Cage, based in Paris, France, and Montreal, Canada. The unique experiences offered by Heavy Rain™, Beyond: Two Souls™ and Detroit: Become Human™, have reached millions of players around the world and won more than 250 international awards. They have largely contributed to the recognition of interactive storytelling in video games.
Since 2019, Quantic Dream has also been a Publisher supporting video game creation and independent creators offering singular and original visions to which the studio brings its expertise, its means of production, the necessary financing and access to international markets and their audiences. In 2022, Quantic Dream embarked on a new stage of growth by joining NetEase Games, the games division of NetEase, to accelerate its vision of creating landmark titles that redefine the interactive entertainment experience for players worldwide.
For more information, visit the official website: http://www.quanticdream.com.
Quantic Dream is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. Our team reflects this commitment.