Senior Backend Engineer
We’re on a mission to support the taboo, forgotten and under-served areas of healthcare, starting with Menopause, Fertility, Baby, Specialised Men’s Health and Specialised Women’s Health. Our clients’ employees get expert healthcare support via the Peppy mobile app, with unlimited access to our team of specialist practitioners.
• $45mil Series B fundraise announced in January ‘23, led by Albion VC.
• One of Europe’s fastest growing HealthTech scale-ups; 8x revenue growth in 2021 and 4x revenue growth in 2022.
• B2B SaaS offering, supporting employees across 250+ clients and partners including Natwest Group, Clifford Chance, Capgemini, Santander, Aviva and Coty.
• Remote-first company with 200+ employees across UK, USA and Europe.
• Proudly B-corp certified and Mission-led - read all about our company values here.
We have an opening for a seasoned backend engineer with a can-do attitude and the pragmatism and drive to make magic happen. Joining a cross-functional product development team we’re looking for someone who has the pragmatism and flexibility to roll up their sleeves, dig in and get stuff done. Though your core remit will be to focus on our core Node.js and Python backend systems we encourage folks to take initiative and contribute wherever the need arises.
If you join Peppy now you’ll join a small but growing team in a fast-paced agile environment. You will play a key role in helping us to scale our product development efforts during the next phase of our growth. Our ambition is huge and yours should be too!
Our ideal Senior Backend Engineer has:
- A high level of proficiency in Node.js, Python or both.
- Experience building and shipping products with a heavy ML focus.
- Proven experience in developing automated tests and continuous integration workflows.
- An ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects, maintaining responsibility for the quality of your own work.
- A deep understanding of coding best practices and a dedication to creating efficient, scalable, and maintainable code.
- An insatiable desire to learn more: you thrive learning new technologies, stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new.
- Nice to haves: include experience with analytics and data pipelines, although this is not a must.
Peppy’s Perks and Benefits:
Access to Peppy: You can receive free unlimited access to the Peppy app to use our Menopause, Fertility, Baby, Women’s Health or Men’s Health services.
Health & Wellbeing: You will receive Private Medical Insurance through Vitality, including VitalityGP, optical, dental and hearing coverage.
Financial Wellness: You have access to your own confidential financial wellbeing coach and resources, through Bippit.
Parental Leave: We have a generous Enhanced Family Leave policy, whether you or your partner are giving birth, going through surrogacy or adoption.
Pension: We offer an up to 5% employer pension contribution scheme through Nest.
Holidays: Peppy employees in the UK get 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
Remote-First: We're a remote-first business, rather than remote-only. So you can choose between working from home, or in a shared WeWork office or somewhere in between, as long as it's within the UK.
Socials: We encourage our employees to join our in-person team events and socials to build stronger connections within your team. If you live outside London, your travel expenses for these events are on us too!
Tech: New joiners receive a company MacBook delivered in time for your first day.
Equality & Diversity
Peppy's mission is to help people in life's most challenging journeys. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process.